The UK advantage
If anything distinguishes the UK is by having some of the most historic and prestigious universities worldwide.Pursue higher education here will help you for future incorporation into the labour market, both abroad and in country, because, on the one hand degrees and qualifications will be recognized worldwide , and on the other have one of the requirements demanded by most companies compared to other students in the field: a complete command of English.
In addition, university studies in the United Kingdom is characterized by a much more practical approach than most Spanish-speaking countries, being oriented to developing skills demanded by the labour market rather than theoretical knowledge that may or may not be subsequently used in the professional life of the student.
If we want to start college in the UK, a move of this calibre it requires some advance planning and to begin the process on schedule established much stricter than those we know in Spain or Latin America.
The myth of British education: “Studying here is very expensive, right?”
Historical and prestigious universities, departments consistently placed in the top of the world rankings in their respective disciplines … all this may sound a bit far for us, we are studying at the Institute of town or city in which we have always lived . In addition, it stands to reason that the cost of study abroad, especially the United Kingdom, is very high. However, the reality is that, for European students to study in the UK may be more economical to do it in Spain, due to the financial support offered by the British government. Also, for Latin American students studying in the UK it are also cheaper than doing it in countries like the United States, habitual to study abroad college career destination.
Types of higher education
In the UK, the curricula have an overall grade for 3 years in the case of England and Wales, and four years in the case of Scotland, although there are exceptions for plans combined study or careers like medicine, which lasts between 5 and 6 years. The university degrees are awarded vary depending on the area of study they cover. Thus, the top stories we can find are:
- BA : Bachelor of Arts (Degree in arts, humanities or social sciences)
- BSc : Bachelor of Science (degree in science, social or natural)
- BEd Bachelor of Education (Degree in Education)
- BEng : Bachelor of Engineering (Degree in Engineering)
- LLB : Bachelor of Law (law degree)
- MB or BS : Bachelor of Medicine (medical degree)
On the other hand, in the type of college education, we can distinguish the curriculum depending on whether they are combined or not, and the amount of credits or the average score at the end of the studies:
- Ordinary degree: Study of various subjects at a general level. These grades have duration of three years.
- Honours degree: Study of a field of knowledge to more advanced level. We have to make more loans than in Ordinary degree to obtain this title, but also usually last three years, reaching up to four in the case of Scotland or special races. According to test scores, we can get First Class Honours, Second Class Honours or Third Class Honours.
- Joint Honours degree: This is an Honours degree but combining two different areas of study. It is what we call a double major degree, ie, not a double degree where we are given two titles separately at the end, but is given a single title but two combined specialties. The duration of the degree, in this case, would be the same, three years in the case of England and Wales and four in the case of Scotland.
- Combined Honours degree: In these courses three or more areas are studied at a more general level, where students have the ability to set their own curriculum by choosing electives. This is what the United States is known as Liberal Studies, or Liberal Arts and Sciences.
- Grade sandwich: The sandwich degree is any of the above degrees but which is sandwiched a year of internships, usually paid, or a year of study abroad, so that the total length becomes four years in the case of England and Wales, five in Scotland. The advantage of these programs is that students, by the end of the race, leaving not only a title, but a year of work experience and contacts in the sector, in the case of choosing the practical year, which multiplies astronomically their possibilities of getting a well-paid job.
The above article is written by Maya professional blogger at Coursework writers. They are a
team of UK Coursework Writing Service providing Coursework Help UK and help to those students who ask “Buy Coursework ”
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476