Pursuing a career in nursing is honorable. It’s one of very few careers where you get to save people’s lives, bring happiness and comfort to those in need. Nurses play a critical role in medical teams, taking on a high responsibility for the medical treatment of patients. Nurses are also the first point of call, providing continuity of care and liaising with a group of other health practitioners. If your aspiration is to become a nurse, please read on.
A Career in Nursing
Nursing is a fantastic career for both local and international students, because it creates space for growth and specialization in a wide range of fields. There are several opportunities within the nursing profession. If you are looking for a career that allows you the ability to work with people on a regular basis and make a difference, then nursing might be the field for you.
Just like every other profession, you need to embody a range of qualities. These qualities are listed below;
- Emotional stability: You need to have this, because nursing is a stressful job where traumatic situations arise.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Physical endurance
- Problem solving skills
Top 10 Nursing Schools in the World
- University of Pensylvania, USA
- John Hopkins University, USA
- King’s College, London, United Kingdom
- University of Manchester, United Kingdom
- University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Washington, USA
- University of California, San Fransciso, USA
- University of Sydney, Australia
- University of Southampton, United Kingdom
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476