The Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) have announced its National Merit University Scholarship for Postgraduate Nigerian Students for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Application Deadline: 30th June, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): UK
Fields of Study: The following courses qualify you for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
- University of Birmingham:Sc Geotechnical Engineering
- Newcastle University:Sc Geotechnical Engineering
- University of Plymouth:Sc Hydography
About the Award: The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) announces its first Postgraduate Scholarship programme for Nigerians. The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to get a Master’s Degree in
courses that are related to the oil and gas industry, with specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University and University of Plymouth, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2017.
Type: Postgraduate (Masters) degree
Eligibility: To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Show intellectual ability and leadership potential
- Meet the University’s English language requirements (usually at least 65 in IELTS, with a minimum of 5.5 in each element, or a minimum of C6 grade in English Language in SSCE (WAEC/NECO), or equivalent TOEFL, score valid for Sept 2017 admission)
- Be aged below 28 years by 30/09/2017
- Possess a university degree equivalent to a UK Second Class Upper (Honours Degree) at a minimum Not hove studied previously in the UK or any other developed country
- Hold a valid Nigerian passport valid to December, 2018
- Be neither current nor former employees (who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or the Nigerian Consultant;
- Not be a spouse, child or ward of staff of Shell Companies in Nigeria or the Nigerian Consultant
- Be of Nigerian nationality (proof of this will be required)
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Be prepared to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship covers full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
Duration of Scholarship: One year
How to Apply:
- Submit application for admission to the any of the prospective universities for any of the above qualifyingcourses
- Application formsfor the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the participating universities following an offer of admission.
- Universities will process applications and endorse eligible candidates to attend an interview before being considered for final selection
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than 30th June 2017.
Follow the links below to reach participating universities:
Award Provider: Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo)
Important Notes: Please know that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476