The McGill University in Canada is in partnership with the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to award undergraduate Scholarships to deserving African students over a sustained period of 10 years. Note that Scholarships for Masters program will only be available beginning from the 2016-2017 academic year. For more information on this, check back in September 2015 for the application details .
Fields of Study
All the courses courses offered by the University of Mcgill
McGill University and The MasterCard Foundation are partnering to offer scholarship awards to talented Africans. With the $27 million financial endowment from The MasterCard Foundation over the next decade, U of G will be providing brilliant but economically disadvantaged young people from around Africa with free access to quality university education.
McGill will admit 91 Mastercard Foundation Scholars from Africa over the next ten years, some of whom will be citizens of French-speaking countries. Our Scholars will receive total financial support to towards their degree program and will be provided with an all rounded support system that will include mentoring and support services, enhanced English as a Second Language courses (if needed), and t opportunities to participate in community service work, vibrant campus activities and up to two internships in Africa.
French speaking students admitted into McGill, will benefit from the University’s English as a Second Language instruction course.
Scholarship offered since: 2013
Type of Scholarship:For now only Undergraduate scholarships for African students are offered
For more information about admission McGill University. Please note that admission is really competitive.
- For admission into the the U of G,you must be a first-time applicant to the university (transfer applicants are ineligible to apply).
- You must be a residing citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are equally welcome.
- You should have an exceptional record of service and leadership activities in your school or community.
- You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
- Your financial should be in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
Admission details to McGill University
- Academic achievement and potential – academic admissibility will be determined based on an applicant’s academic record.
Acceptance to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must demonstrate an exceptional record of service and leadership in your school and/or your community. This may include organizing youth programs, assuming leadership roles in school activities, participating in clubs and teams, taking on responsibilities at home, advocacy and/or volunteering in your community.
- You must be committed to returning to Africa and develop it after college graduation to continue to give back to your community and country.
- You must be from a low-income family. Please note that your financial status will be verified.
To be eligible for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University, you must demonstrate strong academic potential, great records of leadership service and activity in your schools and communities .
Number of Scholarships: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill accepted 13 students from Africa in its inaugural year in 2013-2014. Over the next ten years, McGill will be admitting 67 MasterCard Foundation Scholars at the undergraduate level and another 24 at the Master’s level, for a total of 91 going forward.
Value of Scholarship
All MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a complete set of financial, social, and academic support for the entirety of their education and during post-graduate transitions.
Scholarship Timeline: for the four years duration of a student’s undergraduate degree
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
Scholarship to be administered in: McGill University in Canada
The deadline for your application for admission to McGill University is the 10th of December 2014, with all supporting documents received by January 5, 2015.
Are scholarships offered annually? Yes for the next 10 years
How to Apply
For more information about the The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill please visit:The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill
MasterCard Foundation in partnership with McGil University
Important Notes: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill is only available for undergraduate programs. Scholarships will be available at the Masters level beginning in the 2016-2017 academic year. Please check back in September 2015 for details on how to apply.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476