Deadline: April 1, 2016
Applications are currently invited from international students for a paid traineeship of 5 months with the European Commission (or other executive bodies and agencies of the European Institutions like, the European External Action Service or Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation), starting on 1st October.
Accepted trainees will work all over the European Commission. Please note that the content of what trainees work on will depend largely on the service assigned to them. They may, for instance, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy and alot more … A typical day in the life of a trainee is as follows:
- arranging meetings, working groups, forums, public hearings,
- researching and compiling documents, reports, consultations; answering queries,
- running projects.
The training programme is available to university graduates from all over the world who have a:
- degree of at least 3 years of study (minimum a bachelor),
- very good knowledge of English or French or German (C1/C2 level in accordance with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- very good knowledge of a second EU official language (required for nationals of EU countries).
If you apply for translation traineeships (in the Translation Directorate General) you must be able to translate into your main language (normally your native language) from 2 other official EU languages (source languages):
- your main language must be one of the official EU languages.
- your 1st source language must be English, French or German.
- your 2nd source language can be any of the official EU languages.
- Accepted scholars will receive a monthly grant of about €1,120 and reimbursement of travel expenses. Accident and health insurance shall also be covered.
- EU knowledge – insight into the processes and policies of the European Institutions,
- practical experience – an opportunity to play a part in the Commission’s day-to-day business,
- opportunity to put academic theory into practice.
Visit Official Page for more information on how to apply
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057