Study on Low Tuition in the UK: Application process, cost of living, tuition fees and how to obtain a visa

Admission requirements

undergraduate courses

For undergraduate program, an international student would need to have achieved post secondary education qualifications (such as A-levels, International Baccalaureate, Scottish Higher, or equivalent qualifications from your country) in related subjects.

Related Post: Top 5 Low Tuition Universities in Canada

Master’s Degree

For applicants seeking admissions to Master’s Degree to obtain a UK Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject, they should have been awarded with first or 2nd-class Honors, or a qualification of an equivalent standard from a university or educational institution. Where the US/Canadian marking scheme is used, a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required

Note that if English isn’t your first language, the university or college may request you take an English language test or show your English language qualifications before you are able to enroll. This may also be necessary for your visa application.

You may be required to show a result from any of these English tests.

  • International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) with score 6 or above depending on the course and institution
  • Grade C in Cambridge Proficiency of English or Cambridge Advanced English; Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with score 550 or above.
  • NEAB University Entrance Test in English for speakers of other languages at
  • Grade 3.

Living cost

Cost of living in UK is considerably low and affordable for international students who wish to study abroad in UK. It is put at £800 to £1200 per month. This amount will substantially cover the cost of accommodation cost, books and stationery, travels, food, and so on. The only factor that can alter this expense rate is the student’s way of managing his/her resources.

Related Post: List of low tuition universities in Austria and how to apply

Visa requirements

If you want to study in the UK as an international student, you will need a Tier 4 (General) student visa. For your visa application to be valid, you must satisfy these requirements;

  • You must have been offered admission to study a course
  • You must have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course
  • You must hail from a country that’s not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland

Note this also: You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the start of your course. And you should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

See more details at the VISA category of this blog.

How to apply

The universities in the UK accept online application. For undergraduate study, you will need to apply through UCAS. Also visit your university of choice’s webpage for more information.

 Name of School        Undergraduate            Postgraduate
Glyndwr University £7,450 £8,100
Staffordshire University £9,875
University of Bedfordshire £9,600 £9,600
Edinburgh Napier University £10,080 £10,760
Queen Margaret University £10,170 £10,170
Robert Gordon University 9,900 £10,000
Royal Agricultural University £9,000
Cardiff Metropolitan University £9,700 £10,000
Aberystwyth university £9,750 £10,750
Southampton Solent University £9,785 £10,300
Leeds Trinity University £9,300 £8,500
Leeds Metropolitan University £9,500 £10,100
Canterbury Christ Church University £9,710 £10,510
The University of West London £9,350 £9,950


For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to or call +2348125835476

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *