Columbia University located in Vancouver is a prestigious college and serves as Canada’s private college since 1936.It currently operates a tri semester system.However, students are allowed to begin their studies at the start of any semester.Note that every semester is 14 weeks with a break of about 3 weeks between semesters.
Here are the timelines:
Fall semester: September to December
Winter Semester: January to April
Summer Semester: May to August
- You should possess Baccalaurette degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher from a recognized institution.
- Submit transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities.Plus verification of a completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution with an undergraduate cumulative of of 3.0 or higher.Note that transcripts are required from all degree awarding institution and universities attended outside of the USA.
- Duly completed application including narrative section
- Three well completed recommendation letters
- Personal statement(300-500 words)
- A professional resume.
Note that if your bachelors degree is not in the same field as the masters program you are applying for,or you are lacking basic course requirements,you may still qualify for post graduate programs. However, students who do not meet the 3.0 GPA requirement may be considered for conditional employment at the discretion of the relevant academic department.
You’ll be required to pay $200 which is due with your application.
International students accepted into academic programs arriving directly from overseas on a Canadian study permit are required to make a tuition deposit of $12,000. This deposit will cover tuition fees for 24 credits of coursework.over two semesters and cannot be refunded once a student arrives in Canada.Note that if a student chooses to take additional credits, these will go for $500/credit.
Full time Tuition (12-18 credit hour)
Fall, 2018 semester $11,352
Spring 2019 semester $11352
Graduate Tuition Fees
Note that the cost depends on the program.
On Campus Graduate Tuition-$390
Application Fee(non refundable)-$55
Graduation Processing Fee – $120
Note that these rates apply to students living on campus for the fall 2018 semester and or spring 2019 semester.
Hughes Haven: $2,454
Single Room Charge $750.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476