France is a beautiful country in Western Europe sharing borders with other Schengen countries.Paris is the capital city. France has consistently remained a top study abroad destination for international students because of its low tuition fees. Studying in France is relatively affordable because the government funds a significant portion of the fees. Beside the low tuition fees, education in France is considered to be one of the best globally.
University Tuition Fees in France
In the last three years, tuition fees at French universities have stayed the same. They are as follows:
- 184 Euros for one year at Bachelors level
- 256 Euros for one year at Masters level
- 610 Euros for one year in an Engineering school
- 391 Euros for one year of doctorate
Note that tuition fees at French universities have variable prices based on your chosen course. You should also learn the French language since this is the main language of instruction in public universities.
French Universities with the Cheapest Fees
- University Lille 1 Sciences et Technologies- 270 Euros/Year
- Ecole Central de Nantes -450 Euros/Year
- Universite du Maine – 500 Euros/Year
- Grenoble Institute of Technology – 1000 EUR/Year
List of Average Tuition Fees at the Top Ranked French Universities
- Ecole Polytechnique – 12,000 EUR/Year
- Pierre Marie Curie University – 350 EUR/Year
- Ecole Superieure d’Electricite SUPELEC – 2000 EUR/Year
- Paris Descartes University – 250 EUR/Year
Cost of Living
Living costs depend entirely on a student’s lifestyle and location.Note that some cities attract higher expenses. Overall, the budget you would need for each of the large cities are shown below:
Paris: Between 1,050 and 1,200 EUR/month.
Nice: Between 700 and 920 EUR/month
Lyon, Nantes, Bordeaux or Toulouse: Between 650 and 800-900 EUR.
For the rest of France, you can survive with smaller amounts(at least 600 EUR)
A student can choose to live anywhere depending on his budget allocation for accomodation. The main housing options for students in France are:
-Student halls of residence– between 150 and 600 EUR/month, including facilities if the room is private or shared.
-Rent/Share and apartment- between 400 and 700 EUR/month,while in smaller French cities you can rent a small apartment for about 300 EUR/month.
-If you live with your partner or children , the rent amount would range from 700 EUR to 1000 EUR/month.
-The utility bills would be another 200 EUR /month.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057