Going for an international Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at Lund University will afford you more than just a top-quality higher education. All international programmes will provide excellent opportunities for admitted students to form a global network of professional and academic colleagues – network that will be invaluable throughout your future career. Tuition fees are also low and affordable for international students.
Bachelor’s level studies:
In order to meet the general entry requirements for Bachelor’s level studies all students must:
- have successfully undertaken and completed their upper secondary education (post-16) that’ll allow them the opportunity to access universities in the student’s home country. Note that for students who received their final school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional entry requirement for mathematics*
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent
- Note that there’ll be some other country specific requirements
Master’s level studies:
To meet the entry requirements for Master’s level studies, applicant:
- Must have been awarded a Bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognised university
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e. g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- there may be some other country specific requirements
English language proficiency
Most Lund University programmes and courses require English 6 (advanced level) language proficiency which is the equivalent of IELTS 6.5 (no section less than 5.5) or TOEFL 90. Do well to check the programme or course as some programmes have a higher requirement for admission. If English is not your mother tongue, you will need to demonstrate language proficiency through an internationally recognised test.
Students applying for international Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programmes in English need to do so during the application periods shown below:
- Mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester (August/September). Note that a few programmes do not open for applications until 1 December.
- Early June to 15 August for studies starting in the spring semester (January). Note that only a few programmes start in the spring semester each year.
Generally, international students are able to apply for Bachelor’s or Master’s studies at Lund University during these application timelines and through the national application system. The dates refer to the deadline to apply online. Once this deadline elapses, students will have another two weeks to get their documents and their application fee (if applicable) to Sweden.
Some programmes may stay open for applications after the normal application deadline. Please check “Extended application deadline” below.
Note that some programmes at Lund University, such as Fine Arts and the joint European Master’s programmes have different application deadlines. Please see the programme webpages for more information.
The tuition fee for a specific programme or course can be found on the programme and course webpages.
On a positive note, Please note that there are no application or tuition fees for:
- exchange students
- PhD students
- citizens of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
Students who hail countries outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are generally required to pay application and tuition fees. There are however some exceptions to this general rule. For the full list of exemptions, please refer to official information from University Admissions in Sweden.
One year Masters – $14, 700
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476