Application Deadline: 1st November
Imagine a Medical school where you can go out and explore the rich variety of local and international cuisine, discover multiple shopping facilities, venture into different artistic worlds and enjoy afternoons playing sports or chilling in recreational parts or near water. With its flexible schedule and the advantage of its location in Texas, Baylor College of Medicine provides all this plus a prestigious Medical Degree.
Baylor College of Medicine offers four different M.D dual degree programs. Its Medical Scientist Training Program combines an M.D with a PhD and includes research opportunities in several institutions. The university was ranked number eight on the list of best Medical Schools in Primary care, and number 21 on the list of best Medical Schools in Research. Baylor College of Medicine also stands as the least expensive in the top 20 medical schools in America.
How To Apply
Applications Open: 1st June – 1st November
Application Fee: $100
Baylor College of Medicine has two types of application forms, the web-enabled application and the supplemental application.
To be considered for admission to Baylor College of Medicine, an applicant must have satisfactorily completed no less than 90 undergraduate semester hours (or equivalent number of quarter hours) at a fully accredited college or university in the United States by the time of enrolment in medical school.
The following courses must have been completed satisfactorily (AP and online courses will not be accepted for the required coursework):
- Math (3-4 semester hours) – Biostatistics (preferred), but any course with quantitative math. Examples: statistics, physics, calculus
- Expository Writing (3-4 semester hours)*
- Humanities-Social/Behavioural Sciences (12 semester hours) Examples: psychology, sociology, anthropology, foreign languages, ethics, philosophy, theology, literature, art history
- Organic Chemistry (2 semesters; 6-8 semester hours) – lab is NOT required
- Biochemistry (3-4 semester hours) – lab is NOT required
- Advanced Biology (3-4 semester hours) – lab is NOT required. Examples: genetics, cell/molecular biology
- RECOMMENDED: Spanish
Applicant Qualities and Experience
Although high intellectual ability and a record of academic achievement are essential for success in the study of medicine, the admissions committee recognizes that these qualities alone are not sufficient to support a physician’s development. Essential qualities of the physician also include:
- A strong motivation for a career in medicine
- Human compassion
- An abiding interest in the problems of people
- Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively
- A high level of personal integrity
Applicants will be alerted of their admission status as early as 1st November. When admitted, applicants should visit this site for next steps.
- State Resident: $6,550
- Non-Resident (International Students): $19,650
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057