The Marriott School of Management is a business school at the Brigham Young University. It is located in Provo, Utah, United States. The school’s MBA (Accounting) was ranked No. 7 by U.S. News & World Report (2014). Entrepreneur ranked the MBA (Entrepreneurship) No. 8 in 2013. The MBA (International) was ranked at No. 22 in 2013, and the general MBA is ranked at No. 27 by U.S. News & World Report for 2014.
How The Program Works
During the first year, students gain a solid understanding of the best business practices through their core classes. Then, they put that learning to practice in a full-time internship in the corporate world during the summer between their first and second years. When students return for the second year of the program, they can focus on one of five majors: entrepreneurship, finance, global supply chain, marketing, and strategic human resources.
Exact details on courses covered throughout the program can be found here.
How To Apply
Application Deadlines – Fall 2017
Round 1 – Priority domestic deadline: 1st December 2016
Round 2 – Priority International Deadline: 15th January 2017
Round 3 – Final International Deadline: 1st March 2017
Round 4 – Final Domestic Deadline: 1st May 2017
- Commitment to BYU Honour Code
- Ecclesiastical endorsement
- GMAT score (GRE also accepted)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Four-year undergraduate degree or its equivalent
- University Transcript
- Applicants who have earned their degree outside the US must submit all official transcripts, diplomas, and mark sheets to the International Education Research Foundation for credential evaluation, which must include a course-by-course evaluation and calculation of a Grade Point Average (GPA).
- Applicants must also include a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Applicant must be willing to commit to the mission of the BYU and its sponsoring organization.
- Applicant must provide evidence of career progression and leadership skills.
- Applicant must show academic ability:
- All applicants must take the GMAT. The admissions committee pays close attention to the Math score and prefers it to be above the 50th Students applying with the GRE score should target the 75th percentile to ensure they are competitive for admission.
- The average GPA for admitted applicants is 3.4.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- BYU MBA students who are members of the LDS Church have $24,620 of tuition costs for the entire two-year program.
- On the other hand, students who are not members of the LDS Church have a tuition total of $49,240.
Students cannot afford the costs can also opt for the following ways to finance their MBA
- Student loans
- Internships between the first and second year
- Student employment
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476