The university of Bergen is recognized internationally as a research university. There are currently seven faculties and a total of 14,800 students at the university. Please note that universities in Norway are tuition free for both local and international students in Norway. So you won’t be charged tuition fees at University of Bergen. About 1,550 students are international students in Bergen.
Before you begin your admission to the university of Bergen,please ensure that your academic background meets the university requirements for admission.If you are not qualified, you will be disqualified. Please find below the admission requirements for international students:
- You are expected to have obtained a bachelor’s degree, usually minimum of 4 years duration.
- You should have obtained a minimum grade of 2nd class upper division or B.
- Your degree should likewise include courses equalling at least 1.5 years of full time program in a course relevant to the degree you are applying for.
- Also check with your department to find out if the degree you are considering has additional requirements.
- Also submit your english proficiency standardized test scores. Please click here to find out the accepted standardized test scores.
Documents to upload
Once you have began the online application process, upload the underlisted documents in the following order:
- CV describing your academic qualifications.
- Secondary school certificate
- University degree certificates showing a grading scale.
- Transcript of records. An official document showing the courses/subjects you have completed.
- English proficiency test document.
- Copy of your passport or ID.
- Motivation letter.
- Documentation of funds required to obtain a residence permit.( Info below)
Documentation of Funds
All international students who are non- Eu applicants should submit financial documents showing availability of sufficient funds to pursue a course in Bergen. If you are not self funded, a letter along with financial documents from your sponsor will suffice.
The application deadline for admission into a Master’s program in University of Bergen happens once a year. The next admission deadline is october 1 2017.
Courses Available at the University
University of Bergen offers courses in Humanities and Aesthetics studies, Medicine and Dentistry, Natural Sciences and Technical courses, Social Sciences and Psychology.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057