Cost of study and living in France
- Universities in France: Fees are very nominal & can vary between EURO 120 to EURO 680 per annum.
- Grand Ecoles in France: The tuition fees range between EURO 3,800 to EURO 15,500 per annum.
- Accommodation: EURO 120 to EURO380 per month
- Food: EURO 130 to EURO 150 at university restaurants per month.
- Health Care: EURO 380 to EURO 750 per month.
- Miscellaneous (transport & leisure): EURO 100 per month
- The above costs are indicative and can vary from person to person & between universities
Study and visa requirements
Currently there are three kinds of student visas available, depending on the length of studies in France as indicated in the letter of enrollment:-
- A Schengen visa, multiple entries, for a stay up to 3 months: the student should use the short stay visa application form.
- The temporary long stay visa (from 3 to 6 months), multiple entries, is valid for the whole stay. The student does not need a residency card. The student uses the long term visa application form.
- One year-visa (stay over 6 months): the visa is valid 3 months, 1 entry. The student should use the long term visa application form. Within this delay, and after the arrival in France, the students must complete the proper documentation with the French school or university; have to go for a medical check-up to a doctor from the National Immigration Office ( Office des Migrations Internationales). Then they should contact the Police Department (Prefecture de police) in order to obtain the student residency card (carte de sejour) and present there the visa, the original documents previously required for the visa, a birth certificate and the medical results.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057