The good thing about applying for a Canadian study permit is that you can apply in either of two ways; online or through a paper based application, which is obtained from the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website. Be informed that Paper applications in most cases usually take about twice as long, so it’s always recommended that you check the processing time(check the processing times) in advance. If you wish to apply online, you’ll need a credit/debit card and should be able to create photocopies of your original supporting documents . Since these processes may differ from country to country, you are advised to consult the visa office in your country for specific instructions on what documents to provide.
The process for obtaining a student visa to study in Canada is shown below:
- All visa applicants should first obtain a recognized admission letter from a known institution. Note that Students applying to study in Quebec should also apply for a certificate of acceptance, known as a CAQ, from the government of Quebec. You are expected to obtain this acquire this before applying for a study permit. This can be gotten online, printed out the form, or a paper from your university.
- The next stage in this process is to obtain a Canadian student visa application package, either from the CIC website or by visiting the local visa office, or the Canadian embassy in your home country. In most cases, some applicants may also need to obtain a temporary residence permit if they are from any of the countries shown here, but this should not complicate your visa process as both documents will be processed at the same time
- All applicants will be required to answer a few questions about themselves on the CIC website before obtaining their application forms. These questions will help them determine if you are qualified to apply online for a student visa to study in Canada.
- When found eligible, you will receive a personal checklist code, which will be valid for 60 days, of which you will need to submit your application online. It is very important that you print out the page containing this code for future reference. This page will also include a guide on how to apply, estimated tuition fees, a list of visa documents you will need to submit your application, and guidelines on next steps.
- Once you are ready to apply, create a MyCIC account, where you will enter your personal checklist code. Soon after you will receive a personal document checklist which will allow you upload and send your documents to CIC.
- Once your documents and application forms are ready and you’ve have paid your fees, go ahead and submit your completed application to CIC.
- Some applicants may be required to attend a visa interview at their local consulate
- Canadian student visa requirements also include evidence of funds to support yourself. At present this is about US$9,400 for every year of your academic stay. US$10,350 if you’re applying to study and live in Quebec (not including tuition fees).
(1) Gather all the required documents
(2) Have a meeting with the program officer for an interview
(3) Finally Submit your application, go for your biometrics & pay your visa fees at the visa section
- Your International Passport as well as Original + 2 photocopies
Please note that The International passport must be valid for the period of your trip to France.
- Applicants Birth certificate as well as Original + 2 photocopies
Note that If you don’t have a birth certificate, you should submit an affidavit.
- 2 recent ID passport-size photographs/ Color with clear background
Note that these photographs will be joined to your visa application form.
- Visa application form
You will get the form from the visa section.
- High school national exams certificate or university certificates and transcripts / as well as Original + 2 photocopies
- A recognized Letter of admission from a known French institution as well as Original + 2 photocopies
- Certificate of accommodation plus Original + 2 photocopies
Please note that the certificate of accommodation is actually compulsory.
Hotel reservations are accepted.
The accommodation certificate should include :
- Applicant’s name
- address of the accommodation
- the full dates covering the duration of your course of study.
If a sponsor living in France is offering you accommodation, please submit the following:
- a letter of invitation (from this sponsor)
- proof of accommodation (including electricity, water, gas bills etc.)
- a copy of your International passport or national ID
- Attestation of sponsorship and a letter explaining the link with him (family link must be attested with births certificates) / Original + 2 photocopies
- 2 photocopies of the International passport of the sponsor
- All proofs of yours or your sponsor’s financial statements : bank statement ( usually Last 3 months) , salary amount , documents showing property(ies) etc… /plus Originals + 2 photocopies
- Travel Insurance (usually 3 Months are accepted)/ as well as Original + 2 photocopies
travel insurance providers are usually: AIICO, Evasan, InsurVisa, Gtassur, Unichealth, Unitrust.
- Plane ticket (Reservation) plus Original + 2 photocopies
- Money for your visa application (visa fees).
The following documents are required to apply for an Australian student visa
- A well completed Australia student visa application form ( known as 157A)
- A receipt showing Paid visa application fee
- Copies of passport bio data page
- Admission letter from a recognized Australian Institution
- Proof of sufficient funds for your academic endeavors
- Proof of health insurance
- Standardized English proficiency test results
- Criminal record check results required
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476