SEAMEO BIOTROP is now collecting research proposals for its PhD Thesis Grant Program and Joint Research Program for implementation in 2018 and 2019. The research theme for both Programs is Managing biodiversity of ecosystems for greater sustainability and resilience in Southeast Asia.
This 10th FYDP is billed “Forging Ahead with Tropical Biology for Environmental and Societal Transformations in Southeast Asia” (Tropical BEST-SEA) and will continue the same vision that the Centre adopted during its 9th FYDP i.e., as “A Leading Centre in promoting and enhancing the real value of tropical biology in Southeast Asia.”
Course Level: Grants are offered for pursuing research programme.
Study Subject: Research proposals to be submitted to SEAMEO BIOTROP should cover any or a combination of the Centre’s three new program thrusts under its 10th FYDP, namely: (1) Restoration of degraded ecosystem; (2) Sustainable Management of Intensively Used Ecosystems/Landscapes; and (3) Conservation and Sustainable Use of Unique Ecosystems/Landscapes of High Biodiversity.
Scholarship Award: Each accepted research project proposal shall get a grant up to maximum of Rp 100,000,000 for the Joint Research Grant Program and Rp 50,000,000 for PhD Thesis Grants Program.
Scholarship can be taken in Southeast Asia
Eligibility: A PhD student could be qualified to apply for the thesis grant if he/she could satisfy the following requirements:
- Must be currently pursuing a PhD program in agriculture, forestry, natural resource management, and related sciences from any reputable university in Indonesia.
- Must have already completed his/her coursework with an approved thesis research proposal and is ready to conduct the research.
- His/Her research topic must focus on any of SEAMEO BIOTROP’s program thrusts (Please refer to call for research proposals)
- A corollary to No. 3, the applicant’s research topic must also have direct implications to the following cross-cutting developmental concerns:
Poverty alleviation, and
Climate change adaptation and mitigation
Nationality: Citizens of South-east Asian countries are qualified to apply.
List of Countries: Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Brunei and Timor
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have previous degree.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over English language.
How to Apply: Applicants are advised to send the complete set of application documents to Dr. Jesus C. Fernandez via email.
- Together with the project proposal, the following documents must also be submitted to BIOTROP:
Application Letter addressed to BIOTROP Director
Duly filled up application form
Curriculum Vitae of all research project team members
Letter of Endorsement from the immediate supervisor of the lead research project proponent and also of the research partner from another country for the joint research grant program applicants
- The research lead proponent shall be under contract with SEAMEO BIOTROP within 11-month period broken down as follows: 1 month for pre-implementation, 8 months for during implementation and 1 month for post-implementation phases of the research project. The contract specifies the proponent’s duties and responsibilities, including those that have been mentioned above and other legal and administrative procedures towards ensuring the completion of the research project.
- Disbursement and use of research fund shall follow DIPA regulations from the Government of Indonesia.
- Other than a completion report, the lead research proponent is expected to submit a draft of an article on the research project results three months after its completion for publication in BIOTROP’s journal, BIOTROPIA. The journal has been indexed by Scopus since 2012.
Application Deadline: The research proposal should be submitted not later than August 30, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057