The South African Medical Research Council is accepting applicants for its Local Master Scholarships for South African Students. These scholarships are offered in any field in the health sciences.
The purpose of the scholarships is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills.
The South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) was established in 1969 with a mandate to improve the health of the country’s population, through research, development and technology transfer, so that people can enjoy a better quality of life.
Course Level: These scholarships are open to pursue the master programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are offered in any field in the health sciences.
Scholarship Award: R20 000.00 per annum tax-free for subsistence. R5 000.00 per annum for fees
Numbers of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- South African citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants from any discipline in the health sciences.
- Applicants that have obtained an honours (Hons) degree or a 4-year degree with a minimum pass of 60%.
- Students registering for a full-time masters degree with at least a 50% research component.
- Preference is given to applicants that will undertake research training with a supervisor that is an MRC funded researcher.
- Applications are considered if the supervisor is not an MRC funded researcher in the following instances:
- The student will be studying at a historically disadvantaged institution.
- The student is an allied health professional or nurse.
Nationality: South African applicants are qualified for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must possess a honours (Hons) degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post.
- Application forms are sent to the postgraduate scholarships office or research support services at all tertiary institutions
- Applications are submitted to the MRC through the tertiary institution’s administrative office
- An applicant must consult beforehand with the principal research supervisor under whose supervision the research will be carried out, as well as with co-supervisor(s) where applicable.
- The university at which the candidate will be registered must confirm that the candidate has been accepted for master’s study
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 30, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476