The Postdoctoral Program at IIASA awards fully funded research positions of up to two years to study topics related to the IIASA research agenda.Preference will be offered to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is seeking excellent researchers for Postdoctoral Research Positions. These positions are available for the applicants of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization.
The aim of the positions is to offer an opportunity for young researchers.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis is an international research organization located in Austria.
Course Level: These positions are awarded to pursue postdoctoral research programme.
Study Subject: These positions are offered in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: These positions will cover the followings:
- An allowance for relocation expenses to and from Laxenburg;
- Limited support for monthly business travel;
- A scholarship that is internationally competitive (~ 39,000 EUR p.a.). It is exempt from taxation in Austria but subject to the principle of income aggregation;
- All appointees are eligible for either state or private health insurance.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Austria
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- Candidates should have their PhD at the time of taking up the appointment and are expected to have a proven record of research accomplishments, and a solid working knowledge of English
- Candidates should have held their PhD for less than five years at the application deadline
- The fellowship requires you to be present at IIASA (the typical period for IIASA-funded postdoctoral support is 12-24 months). Please do not apply if you have to be away from the institute to do your research or expect IIASA to fund field research overseas
- Preference will be given to applicants who are nationals of countries where IIASA has a National Member Organization
- IIASA does not do lab-type research and therefore has no labs
Nationality: Applicants of Australia, Austria, Brazil, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA and Vietnam can apply for these positions.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should have a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is online
- Candidates are required to submit a research proposal, which will form the basis for a co-designed research agenda that couples their own interests with the IIASA research agenda.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 1, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057