The Integrative Genomics Laboratory, hosted by Sao Paulo State University, Brazil, and funded by FAPESP (São Paulo Research Foundation) is giving a postdoctoral position. The position is open for PhDs with outstanding research potential.
FAPESP’s Post-Doctoral Fellowship is focused at distinguished researchers with a recent doctorate degree and a successful research track record.
São Paulo Research Foundation is a public foundation estabished in São Paulo, Brazil, with the aim of providing grants, funds and programs to support research, education and innovation of private and public institutions and companies in the state of São Paulo.
Course Level: The position is awarded to pursue postdoctoral programme.
Study Subject: The position is awarded in the project titled “Towards a functional view of B chromosome biology and its interface with sex chromosomes”
READ ALSO:2017 English Language Bursary at RMIT University in Australia
Scholarship Award: The position will cover the followings;
- Fellowship: monthly stipend of R$6,819.30; R$ 81,831.60/year (~US$ 24,800.00/year);
- Travel/Moving support: one additional monthly stipend (paid with the 1st fellowship payment) and flight tickets to support moving to Botucatu, SP, Brazil;
- Research Contingency Funds: 15 percent of the annual value of the fellowship for use in activities developed by the fellowship holder, strictly related to the fellowship research project;
Numbers of Scholarships: Not Specified
Scholarship can be taken in Brazil
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- The candidate should have concluded a doctorate less than seven years before the beginning of the PD fellowship.
- The fellowship demands full-time dedication to the research project (except under conditions outlined in resolution PR Nº 13/2009, 15 July 2009).
- The fellowship holder may not hold any formal or informal employment nor receive, during the term of the fellowship, a fellowship from another entity, salary or remuneration deriving from the exercise of activities of whatever nature (except under conditions outlined in the decree PR Nº 13/2009, 15 July 2009)
Nationality: Brazilian applicants are qualified for the position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be doctorate.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- In order for your application to be processed, the following documents must be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Cesar Martins (cmartins-at-ibb.unesp.br).
- Motivation letter outlining details of research interests, expertise, availability, and any further information relevant to the application
- Two reference letters (e-mails accepted) from previous professors/advisors/co-workers;
- The copy of PhD degree certificate.
- All documents must be presented in English or Portuguese.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 30, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476