The number of international students choosing to study in Turkey has remarkably doubled since 2006. It is worthy to note that in the 2011-2012 academic years, over 25,545 students choose Turkey as a study destination. The reasons for choosing to study in Turkey include; high quality of education, low cost of living and scholarships that give monthly stipends.
COST OF LIVING
An international student seeking to study in Turkey will spend roughly 400-500 USD monthly on accommodation, food, clothing, and transportation. However lecture textbooks and other administrative/admission fees are roughly 100-150 USD per semester. However, be reminded that these figures are tentative; these figures depend on your location, lifestyle and the degree course you attend. You are encouraged to seek further information on living costs from your institution directly.
TENTATIVE COSTS PER SEMESTER
Housing: 1,500 – 2,000 USD
Food : 1,100 USD
Transportation : 300 USD
Books : 150 USD
LOW TUITION UNIVERSITIES
*Middle East Technical College
HOW TO APPLY
It is worthy to note that In 2010, Higher Education Institute in Turkey instituted new guidelines for Foreign Student Examination called YOS and foreign students studying at universities in Turkey.
The result of this new arrangement meant that the YOS exam won’t be conducted centrally by OSYM. Instead, universities will be responsible for conducting their own entrance examinations.
Therefore, interested international students should apply separately to each university. Before you apply to any program, you are strongly advised to contact the Admissions Office to determine which documents or exams are required by the selected program.
Most universities will provide students with the option of an online application and registration system. To ensure, please visit your university’s website.
• International Student Application Form
• High School Diploma
• An Official Transcript
• Language Proficiency Score (The required score from language exams will still depend on the school to which applicant applies.
• An Essay explaining why you want to attend that university, your course of study and your future goals.
• Application Fee dangles between USD35 and 100.
• Any of the Following Certificates; international YOS •SAT 1 (Scholastic Aptitude Test) • ACT (National College Admission Examination) •Abitur •French Baccalaureate •GCE, A level certificate (at least in two subjects) •International Baccalaureate (IB) •Mature Certificate •Tawjihi Examination held in Jordan and Palestine •Baccalaureate Examination in Lebanon
Check with the individual university to ascertain the application
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057