International students applying to study in Australia need to pay school fees. The table below shows cheapest universities for students who want to study abroad.
- Fees shown are annual tuition costs for popular degrees
- Tuition fees are sourced from university websites and fees may differ based on course and unit choices.
- Most bachelor degrees take 3 years of study. Professional and honours program 4 years. Masters degrees are 1-2 years of full time study.
Annual Tuition Fees for Bachelor’s Degree
|University of New England||$19,920||$25,560||$21,800|
|Charles Darwin University||$20,000||$26,000||$18,520|
|Southern Cross University||$20,560||$27,760||$20,560|
|University of the Sunshine Coast||$20,600||$20,600|
|University of Southern Queensland||$22,300||$25,850||$21,920|
|Charles Sturt University||$22,800||$18,400|
|Western Sydney University||$24,824,||$28,540||$22,680|
Annual Fees for Postgraduate Degrees
|University||MBA Degrees||Engineering/Sci||Arts and Education|
|University of New England||$22,080||$26,400||$21,800|
|Southern Cross University||$23,000||$28,000|
|University of Southern Queensland||$23,760||$24,400||$24320|
|University of the Sunshine Coast||$23,800||$26,000|
|Charles Darwin University||$25,000||$26,936||$21,000|
|Australian Catholic University||$26,240||$21,000|
Cheapest Tuition Universities for International Students
Tuition fees for international students are around $20,000 per year in Australia’s cheapest universities. Tuition fees in big cities such as Melbourne and Sydney start at around at around $24,000 per year.
Universities with low tuition fees are often regional universities. Because being based away from big cities helps keep costs down. Several low cost universities also specialize in long distance education. Also, see below a list of very cheap universities for international students:
- University of New England
- Charles Darwin University
- University of Sunshine Coast
- University of Southern Queensland
- Southern Cross University
Cheap Universities in Capital Cities
The cheapest universities in Australian capitals are usually suburban universities. Tuition fees are lower compared to inner city universities because there is less demand for places from students. The 5 cheapest capital-city universities are:
- Victoria University
- University of Canberra
- Flinders University
- Australian Catholic University
Cheapest Universities in Melbourne
The cheapest mainstream Melbourne universities are: Victoria University and Australian Catholic University. Both set tuition fees for international students in the low to mid $20,000.
- ACU is a multi state university with a strong Melbourne presence. Despite the name ACU, is open to people of all religions
- Victoria University is based in the Western suburbs but has teaching facilities in the city centre.
Another Melbourne university with tuition fees below $25,000 is Swinburne.
Cheapest Universities in Sydney
Sydney has 6 universities based in the city, with 3 in the mid-to-low cost range.
- Australian Catholic University is the cheapest, with fees around $22,000 per year.
- Western Sydney University with fees for international students starting from $23,000.
- The other Sydney University with fees below $30,000 is university of Technology Sydney.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476