Taiwan, a small nation in the Western Pacific that over the last few years has emerged as a vibrant powerhouse in the Asian/World economy. This island country has equally secured a leading role in numerous industries worldwide, particularly on the IT front. “The global economy couldn’t function without it,” BusinessWeek concludes in its May 16, 2005 cover story titled “Why Taiwan Matters.” Taiwan has accumulated such economic clout mainly on the back of an abundant pool of high-caliber human resources. There are also a long list of low tuition universities for international students. We will examine this and much more in the following paragraphs.
Why Study in Taiwan?
Taiwan has an outstanding higher education system that provides opportunities for international students to study a wide variety of subjects, ranging from Chinese language and history to tropical agriculture and forestry, genetic engineering, business, semiconductors and more. Chinese culture holds education and scholarship in high regard, and nowhere is this truer than in Taiwan. In Taiwan you will experience a vibrant, modern society rooted in one of world’s most venerable cultures, and populated by some of the most friendly and hospitable people on the planet. A great education can lead to a great future. What are you waiting for? Come to Taiwan and fulfill your dreams.
How to apply
- Make sure you are eligible to apply as an international student.
- Make sure you’ve done research about programs of your interest.（see Programs）
- Make sure the program you intend to apply is open to international students.
- Make sure you are well aware of and meet all the requirements from individual schools.
- Make sure you fill in the application form correctly and have all the required documents.
- Make sure to send the application package in time.
- Make sure you’ve received an admission letter. You’ll need it when applying for a visa and registering.
Public / Private
Field：Science, Engineering and Liberal Arts
Tuition Fee | Public, NTD 25,000 – 30,000 (About USD 840 – 1,000)
Private, NTD 46,000 – 54,000 (About USD 1,540 – 1,800)
List of Low Tuition Universities
- National Taiwan University
- National Cheng Kung University
- National Tsing Hua University
- National Chiao Tung University
For more information, on how to study on low tuition in Japan, click here
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057