Tuition fees for medical universities in Bulgaria are generally very low and vary from 5500 to 8000 Euro/year for long programs of medical programs in English (general medicine, dentistry and pharmacy) and generally 3100 4000 Euro/year for short program of medical study depending on the universities.
Medical tuition fees in Bulgaria for English program
|Course (option)||Tuition fees /year ( Euro)|
|Medicine in English (6years)||5 500 to 8000|
|Pharmacy in English (5years)||6 000|
|Dentistry in English (6years)||6 000 to 8000|
|Nursing in English/Bulgarian (4 years)||3000|
|Midwifery in English/Bulgarian (4 years)||3000|
|English/Bulgarian language preparatory course.||3100 to 4500|
|Postgraduate Specialization courses in Bulgarian (3 to 5 years)||4800|
|Postgraduate Studies for Ph.D.Degree in Bulgarian||4800|
A very important news for international students is that tuition fees for medical study in Bulgaria can be paid in 2 installments per year usually at the beginning of each semester.Please note that international students who need student visas, should ensure the tuition fees of the first installment is paid before a student visa application is submitted to the Bulgarian Diplomatic Representation.
The medical university tuition fee in Bulgaria is one of the lowest in all European Economic Area. Combined to the reasonable cost of live and quality of education, it attracts international students to Bulgarian medical universities.
Especially for European medical students, to become a medical doctor, a Dentist or Bachelor in pharmacy or other medical specialist in Bulgaria is very accessible!
Living cost in Bulgaria
|Food||150 to 200|
|Student hostel||30 to 70|
|Private rental apartment||150 to 250|
|Room in a private apartment||70 to 100|
|Student’s travel card||6 to 1|
The amount given above is only average and can slightly change for students living in different towns
The average living cost in Bulgaria would depend on the live style of everybody. At the amount given in the table above, it must also calculate the annually tuition fee and the annually 250 Euro to renew resident permit in Bulgaria.
Medical Requirements and Documents
Please note that medical study application for admission to medical study is super competitive. The admission is based on application file selection followed by the entrance English exam for Academic Medical Studies. Prospective students who failed the test in English for Academic Medical Studies have an opportunity to be enrolled in a preparatory Medical English course at the university at University of medicine.
On request, medical study guide can send you the example of exam.
- Copy of the high school diploma duly legalized by the Bulgarian embassy in applicant’s country (original wet stamps and seals – Apostille
- Copy of the high school diploma supplement duly legalised by the Bulgarian embassy in the applicant’s country (original wet stamps and seals – Apostille required) and translated into Bulgarian. An obligatory requirement is for the applicant to have taken biology and chemistry courses in high school and the average score of those two subjects is required to be not less than 62% (for example 62 points by the grading system in the republic of turkey) of the maximum results in accordance with the grading system in the respective country.
- An original medical health certificate, issued not earlier than 1 (one) month before the date of application, stating that the applicant is physically and mentally healthy legalised by the Bulgarian embassy in applicant’s country (original wet stamps and seals – Apostille required) and accompanied by its translation in Bulgarian.
- A declaration by the applicant`s parent(s) for financial support during his/her studies in the republic of Bulgaria accompanied by its translation in Bulgarian. The declaration is required to be legalized by a notary public.
- Four photographs (passport size),
- A document issued by an authorized body (the applicant’s high school) certifying the right of the applicant to continue his/her education in higher schools in the country in which he/she has acquired his/her secondary education, the document should be legalized in the Bulgarian embassy in the applicant’s country (for those countries who have signed the Hague convention, Apostille is required) and translated into Bulgarian,
- A copy of the applicant’s passport (identity card) duly legalised by the Bulgarian embassy in applicant’s country (original wet stamps and seals – Apostille required) and translated into Bulgarian,
- For students, coming from countries, where English is not the official language – proof of level of English (both spoken and written) – TOEFL 550, Cambridge First Certificate or ILTS 6. This document should be translated and legalized in the above way.
- Completed application form ( sent on request),
- C.v. (resume) signed by the applicant.
For more information about our services including guest post and advertising on this blog, kindly reach us on email@example.com