If you are an international student searching for a country with low tuition/affordable universities to apply to-search no more! Austria has a long list of super cheap and affordable universities. Actually, applicants from economically disadvantaged countries are even exempted from paying tuition fees. Do you want to study in Europe but don’t have the resources to study in the UK or Ireland?Then Austria is for you. If you didn’t know, Austria is the new Germany with numerous opportunities to work and study during and after your program. Once you’ve learnt the Austrian language (German ), you will find numerous well paying jobs in Austria. Quite unlike Russia, you will find very friendly people in Austria who aren’t racist!We will put you through the application process of how to apply for admission abroad in Austria plus the requirements
How to apply
Regardless if you are an undergraduate or graduate student, you will be required to submit your completed application to the university or college of your choice by working on the application steps listed below:
- Contact your university’s admissions Office to enqire about the application form.However, in most cases, the application form can be found on the institution’s website, but in very rare cases you may have it mailed to your home adress
- You should be ready to submit additional documents to prove you satisfy all of the admission requirements for the courses or study programs of your choice.
- Put forth earnest effort to fill in your application form and return to your university promptly along with LEGALIZED or CERTIFIED copies of the supporting documentS.
- You will be notified whether you have finally been admitted. Upon admission, your university will issue a student pass no matter you are an undergraduate or graduate student. The student pass is used to prove you have become a member of the university you applied for.
- Please, note that your educational background and grade point average from your upper secondary school studies will determine whether you qualify for the program/s you applied for
- Undergraduate Program
For eligibility into an undergraduate program, applicants will be required to possess a valid/certified school leaving certificate as well as qualify for university education in their home country.If that’s the case, they may also qualify for higher education studies in Austria. However, applicants will be required to prove their level of English and/or German. In any case, please check with your university for the language requirement.
You are eligible for a master’s degree program at any university in Austria, if you possess a relevant bachelor’s or equivalent degree diploma.
Tuition fees for EU students and exchange students
You should budget roughly EUR 750 per academic year for tuition fees.
Tuition fees for international students
If you are an international student, you should budget roughly EUR 1400 per academic year for your tuition fees
Tuition fees for students from the least developed countries
Full time students from the least developed countries according to the list below are exempted from paying tuition fees at public universities in Austria:
Application deadlines in Austria
There are generally two admission application windows for programs at universities in Austria with the deadlines explained below:
- September 1: submit your application before September 1 for studies in the winter semester.
- February 1: for studies in the summer semester.
Extended application period for EU students
After the general admission period expires, the extended admission period starts. Through the extended admission period, students from the European Union can also apply for university studies in Austria according to the extended deadlines listed below:
- November 30: for studies in the winter semester.
- April 30: for studies in the summer semester.
List of cheap tuition Universities
Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna
Burgenland University of Applied Sciences
Campus 02 University of Applied Sciences
Graz University of Technology
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Medical University of Graz
Medical University of Innsbruck