Benefits of Studying Medicine in the Caribbean
- A lot of international students prefer Caribbean medical schools because they are cheap compared to the American medical schools.
- Once you graduate from a Caribbean medical school, you are able to apply and get into many residency programs in the USA.
- Also, many Caribbean medical schools have an extensive network of clinic affiliates throughout the United States, with a lot of slots reserved for their students. That means you will get the same clinical experience as your US counterparts.
- Lastly, one can easily be admitted into any of the Caribbean medical schools.Mostly because, Caribbean medical schools are better options for international students.
Cheapest Medical Universities
1.Georgetown American University
This is one of the cheapest medical universities in the Caribbean. It is located in Guyana.Also, the tuition fee for the premed is pegged at $2,500/semester, pre clinical science is $4500 per semester and clinical science is $4,400 per semester.
2.American International University
This medical school is located in St Lucia. It is the second cheapest medical school in the Caribbean. The premed tuition fee is $1500 per semester, pre medical tuition is $4,600 and Clinical rotations is $6,500 per semester.
3.All Saints University School of Medicine
All Saints University is located in Dominica. The premed tuition is $3995 per semester, basic science tuition is $4,995 per semester and the Clinical tuition fee is $7995 per semester.
- Aureus University of Medicine
This University is located in Dominica. Premed tuition is pegged at $4995 per semester, basic sciences is $6,000 per trimester and Clinical science is $7,200.
5.All American Institute of Medical Sciences
All American Institute of Medical sciences is located in Jamaica. The premed tuition $4,200 per trimester, basic sciences is $6,000 per trimester and clinical science is $7,200 per trimester.
6.American University of St Vincent School of Medicine
This university is located in St Vincent. It is the sixth cheapest university in the Caribbean. The premed tuition is $3,250 per semester, basic science tuition is $3,800 per semester and clinical science tuition is $8700 per semester.
7. Caribbean Medical University of Medicine
This university is located in Curacao. The premed tuition fee is $3900 per semester, basic science tuition is $3,900 per semester and clinical science is $7,900.
8. Avalon University of Medicine
This university is located in Curaco. The premed tuition is $4,800 per semester, basic tuition fee is $6,500 per semester and clinical science tuition is $7,700 per semester.
9.College of Medicine and Health Sciences
This is officially the 9th cheapest university in the Caribbean. It is located in St. Lucia.Pre-clinical tuition fee is $7,000 per semester and clinical tuition fee is $8,500 per semester.
10.John F Kennedy University School of Medicine
This university is located in Curacao. The premed tuition fee is $3.900 per semester, pre clinical tuition is $5,900 per semester and the clinical science tuition is $7900 per semester.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057