There are numerous universities in Europe that operate low/cheap tuition for international students. In today’s article, we will be taking a special look at universities in Lithaunia and the application procedure.
How to apply
- Note that if you are a Lithuanian, or from an EU/EEA country, or have a right of permanent residence in the Republic of Lithuania or a child, grandchild and great-grandchild of the Diaspora and people of Lithuanian origin and you would like to compete for a state-funded study places, you will be required to complete an application form of general admission via the website of the Association of Lithuanian Higher Education Institutions LAMA BPO. The application timeline is usually between 1st June and 23rd July.
- However, If you are an international student and you want to finance your studies solely with your own finances, you are at liberty to apply directly to the Lithuanian university or college of your choice. As a general rule, admission to studies in Lithuania is done sometime in July.
International students wishing or planning to study in Lithuania are encouraged to begin their application process as early as possible owing to the fact that document recognition and subject equivalence identification procedures may take up to one month and sometimes longer.
Please ensure that you submit all documents to the selected Higher Education institution and in good time (also ensure that you’ve checked the deadline for particular study programme). Also note that regardless of which Lithuanian higher education institution you apply to, you will be required to submit all or some of the documents shown below:
- a completed online application form
- Certified copies of (Secondary/ Undergraduate degree or other education acquired) including grades*
- curriculum vitae (Europass) and a letter of motivation
- a copy of your passport, certified by a Commissioner of Oaths
- photographs (3 x 4 cm)
- a receipt proving that the entrance fee has been paid
- bank statements proving that you are able to pay for the studies and your living expenses while studying in Lithuania
* You need to know that all international students must legalise their Education Documents before sending them to a university or college. Documents are subject to legalisation (approved by “Apostille”)
Generally, to get specific information on specific requirements, please reach out to your university for more info.
List of low tuition universities in Lithaunia
Kauno technologijos universitetas
Vytauto Didžiojo universitetas
Vilniaus Gedimino Technikos Universitetas
Europos Humanitarinis Universitetas
Kauno mišku ir aplinkos inžinerijos kolegija
For info on the tuition fees, click here
For more information about our services including guest post and advertising on this blog, kindly reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org