Simon Fraser University is one of the top rated research institutions based in Canada. The school was set up sometime in 1965 on B.C’s scenic west coast.
Simon Fraser University is currently Canada’s most engaged researched university, with three beautiful campuses. SFU pioneered an open, inclusive approach to higher education that fuels learning, discovery and community outreach and global connectedness. Simon Fraser University is a public research university in British Columbia with campuses in Burnaby, Surrey and Vancouver.
Top University Programmes
SFU offers a variety of programs across eight faculties:Applied sciences, Arts and Social Sciences,Business, Communication, Art and Technology, Environment, Health Sciences. Additionally,SFU provides a wide range of experiential opportunities such as work integrated learning.
How to Apply for Admission
To apply for admission into any faculty of Simon Fraser’s university,you’ll be required to use an online application. The online application system is for use by students applying to graduate diplomas, masters and doctoral programs as well as direct entry Graduate programs.Note that applicants who wish to take one or more courses as non degree students should contact the department to which they are applying.
Students who wish to take courses through the Western Deans Agreement should complete the WDA form available from their home country and submit it to their home country.
High school students and post secondary transfer students applying for bachelor’s degrees should go to Apply here.
STEP 1- Plan and Prepare
STEP 2- Submit your online application
STEP 3-Pay the application fee.
STEP 4-Upload any supporting documents by the document deadline.
STEP 5-Submit any official document.
Admission to a Graduate Diploma Program
The minimum university requirements for obtaining admission to a graduate diploma program are as follows:
- a bachelor’s degree from Simon Fraser University or its equivalent from a recognized university
- a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5/4.33 or a grade point average of at least 2.67/4.33(B-) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate programs.Provided mainly minimally 24 credits of appropriate course content for the program applied for have been completed within those 60 credits.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees of the students ability to undertake advanced work in the area of interest.
In exceptional situations, the student might be admitted with lower formal qualifications than in (a) when there is significant professional experience relevant to the proposed area of study.
Admission to a Masters Program
The minimum requirements for admission to a master’s programs are as follows:
- a bachelor’s degree from Simon Fraser University or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0/4.33 (B) or a grade point average of at least 3.33/4.33(B+) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses.All graduate work is also considered.Individual graduate programs may set a higher admission grade point average.
- submitted evidence, usually references from qualified referees of the student’s ability to undertake competitive and advanced work in the area of interest.Additionally, some programs might also require completion of entrance examinations such as the GMAT or GRE and or the submission of other material.
In exceptional case, a student might be admitted with lower formal qualifications than in (a) or (b) when there is significant professional experience relative to the proposed area of study.
Admission to a Doctoral Program
The minimum university requirements for admission to a doctoral program are as follows:
i) a master’s degree from simon fraser or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
ii) a bachelor’s degree with a cumulative average of at least 3.5 /4.33 or a grade point average of at least 3.67/4.33(A-) based on the last 60 credits of undergraduate courses.All graduate work is also considered.Individual graduate programs may set a higher admission grade point average.Students admitted directly from a bachelors degree must complete at least 50% of the course work units required for the relevant departments masters program if no coursework is required as part of the doctoral program.
iii) Completion of at least 75% of the course work units required for the relevant department’s masters program with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5.All graduate courses whether completed at this university or at an equivalent post secondary institution shall be factored in this calculation.A student wishing to be admitted under this category(transferred to phd) must have completed all of these requirements and initiated the transfer request within the first 6 semesters at SFU.
Undergraduate tuition fees:
Graduate Tuition Fees
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476