We will evaluate a cross range of tuition free universities in Canada for international students. Also, we will look at the cost of living, how to enrol for studies in Canada and other important info.
Before we do that, we will evaluate and discuss the tuition fees
It is a known fact that Canada is fast developing and meeting up with the U.S. and U.K-which are the world’s most popular destinations for students who desire to study abroad.
How to study on free tuition as an international student
- Select the right study destination
- Choose the right degree (MS vs MBA vs PhD) …
- Put in an early application
- Excel in the study abroad entrance exams. …
- Explore available funding/scholarship options
Please note that if you’re a Canadian citizen who is living and studying in Canada, you are expected to an average fee of CA$6,571 per year for most undergraduate programs, and CA$6,907 per year for a graduate degree programs.
Using data from analysis Canada, the average tuition fees for international students is in the range of CA$25,180 (~US$20,540) per year.
International students who desire to study free in Canada should explore studying on free/ full scholarship. Indeed,there are a growing number of full tuition scholarships for students who desire to study free in canada.
Because of provincial autonomy in cultural and educational matters, there is no single Canadian school system, and curricula vary extensively in different provinces.
In case you didn’t know, elementary education and secondary schools are free tuition but not individual universities. Indeed, the Canadian educational system is one of the best in the world
Cost of Living in Canada
Living cost depends largely on the student’s lifestyle, location, spending habit, etc. Cost of living simply implies the amount of cash a student will need to take care of his/her expenses such as feeding, accommodation, transportation etc.
Canada is really affordable as compared to top study abroad destinations such as Australia, USA or UK.
That said, it can be estimated as $600 to $1000 a month for a student’s living expenses. This amount will take care of his/her feeding, buying of books, stationery, transportation etc.
Breakdown of the cost of living in Canada for students:
- Accommodation (bedroom apartment) – $400 approximately per month.
- Books and supplies – $1000 per year
- Movies – $8.50 – $13
- Average restaurant meal – $10 – $25 per person
- Groceries – $150 – $200 per month
A student can spend more or less. This list is just an estimate and strongly depends on one’s spending habits.
Different institutions in Canada have different policies when it comes to admission requirements. Because of that, applicants are required to apply directly via each university portal as the process varies from on school to another.
If you are interested in to studying for graduate studies in Canada, you’ll need to go through the following:
- Fill out and complete an application form online
- Submit your qualifications and transcripts to the institutions
- Show proof in proficiency in English or French( language of instruction is based on the program you want to study)
- Submit letters of recommendation
- You will need to write letter of motivation – an essay explaining why you chose to study in Canada
- For international students that finished their undergraduate program outside Canada, you may be required to pay an International Credential Evaluation fee to have your qualifications valid
- Finally, after your admission is guaranteed, you have to apply for a visa or study permit, and can also apply for scholarships or grants.
List of Free/Full Scholarships in Canada
-Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship
-University of Waterloo International Masters and Doctoral Awards
-Ontario Graduate Scholarship
-Ontarium Trilium Scholarship
-University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowships
-University of Calgary Graduate Scholarships
-Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
-UBC Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships
-Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
Canada Graduate Scholarships
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476