How to Study on Cheap Tuition at The University of Saskatchewan

The University of Saskatchewan is a popular university in Canada with a range of programs and courses for domestic and international students. Tuition fees are cheap and affordable for international students looking for low tuition universities in Canada. Domestic students pay 7,600 Canadian Dollars per year while International students will pay 17,000 Canadian Dollars per year.

English Language Proficiency Requirement

The language of instruction used at the University of Saskatchewan is English. In order for students to understand, communicate and be successful in programs at the university, an acceptable level of academic English is required (including written, spoken, reading and listening components).

All applicants will be required to present proof of proficiency in English during the application process.

Requirements and Deadlines

Note that admission requirements vary depending on what kind of student you are. You will be required to tell the university about yourself as different students have different requirements. Also, students from different countries need to select their own home country in order to get the country-specific requirements.

Work and study

Find below information on work permits for international students and accompanying spouses or common-law partners as well as obtaining a Social Insurance Number (SIN).

About working on campus

By working on campus, you will greatly grow your social and professional networks and enhance your learning through working in an academic setting. You will meet mentors and set foundations for successful integration into the Canadian labour market.

What is considered “on-campus” work

“On-campus” is defined as employment facilities within the boundaries of the campus.

The students are only allowed to work on the campus of the educational institution at which they are registered in full-time studies.

If an institution has more than one campus, the student can work at different locations on those campuses provided they are within the same municipality.

If an institution has campuses in different cities, the student is restricted to working on the institution’s campus where they are registered as a full-time student.

Students may work on campus as teaching or research assistants and may be located at a library, hospital, or research facility affiliated with the institution but located outside the physical boundaries of the institution’s campus. This is allowed provided that the work is strictly related to the student’s research grant.

Who your employer can be

The employer can be any of the following:

the institution,

a faculty,

a student organization,

the students themselves (self-employment taking place on campus: e.g. private tutors),

a private business,

a private contractor providing services to the institution on the campus.

On-campus employers include those whose businesses serve the general public, as long as the place of business is located on the institution’s campus.

Hours per week

IRCC will not limit the number of hours students are permitted to work on campus.


You are able to work on campus without a work permit if you have a valid study permit and are registered as a full-time student. However, there are certain requirements you must meet. It is your responsibility to make sure you are eligible to work on campus. Please check the eligibility criteria by IRCC.

What is considered “full-time” at the U of S

Full-time on-campus undergraduate students are registered in 9 or more on-campus credit units per term. During the Spring and Summer Terms, full-time on-campus undergraduate students are registered in 4 or more on-campus credit units per term.

Full-time on-campus graduate students are registered in 6 or more on-campus credit units per term.

About working off campus

As an international student with a valid study permit, you may gain work experience by working off campus while completing your studies.

Hours per week

If you are a full-time undergraduate international student during the academic term prior to, and subsequent to, the academic break, you may work off campus a maximum of 20 hours per week during the regular academic year (September to April) and full-time during scheduled breaks (summer, winter, and mid-term breaks).

Graduate students are generally considered to have an ongoing, full-time relationship with the University of Saskatchewan and therefore may work off campus a maximum of 20 hours per week throughout the year. They may work full-time during the University of Saskatchewan scheduled breaks.


In order to be eligible to work off campus, you must be a full-time student enrolled at the University of Saskatchewan and be studying in an academic program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

About co-op work permits

If you are enrolled in a program where work experience is an integral part of your studies, you may participate in a co-op or internship program. You must apply for a co-op work permit as well as a study permit.

You are required to have a co-op work permit before you start your work term in a co-op program.


It is your responsibility to make sure you are eligible to apply for a co-op work permit. Please check the eligibility criteria by IRCC.

Applying for a co-op work permit

You can begin your application for a co-op work permit as soon as you receive a letter from your university stating that your intended employment is an essential part of your program of study. In order to apply for a co-op work permit, use the Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker [IMM5710]. You can apply online or on paper.

Please note that you have to always carefully read and follow the instructions on how to complete and submit the co-op work permit application.

Renewing your co-op work permit

Important to remember:

Please bear in mind that the expiry date on your co-op work permit will normally correspond with the expiry date of your study permit. You must maintain both your study permit and your co-op work permit valid during your work term in a co-op program.

You may renew your co-op work permit at the same time you apply to extend your study permit.

How to Apply


Bachelor level degrees, diplomas, certificates

Deadlines, admission requirements, and how to apply will depend on the type of program you are interested in. The application process is done online.


All Master’s, doctoral and postgraduate diploma students apply online but the application procedures can vary between programs.


For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to or call +2348125835476

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *