If you are an international student desiring a country with low tuition/affordable universities to study in, look no further! Austria is the new Germany with numerous opportunities to work and study during and after your degree program. Once you’ve learnt the Austrian language (German ), you will find a number of well paying jobs in Austria.We will educate you on the application process of how to apply for admission abroad in Austria plus the entry requirements.
How to apply
Whether you are an undergraduate or graduate applicant, you will have to prepare and submit your application to the university or college of your liking by using the registration steps shown below:
- Email your university’s admissions Office and ask for the application form though in most cases, the application form can be accessed on the institution’s website, but in very rare cases you may ask to have it sent by post to your home address or email address.
- Also, you might be required to submit additional documents to prove you satisfy all of the admission requirements for the courses or study programs of your choice.
- Put forth earnest effort to fill in your application form and return to your university promptly along with LEGALIZED or CERTIFIED copies of the supporting documentS.
- You will be notified whether you have finally been admitted. Upon admission, your university will issue a student pass no matter you are an undergraduate or graduate student. The student pass is used to prove you have become a member of the university you applied for.
- Please, note that your educational background and grade point average from your upper secondary school studies will determine whether you qualify for the program/s you applied for
- Undergraduate Program
You qualify for undergraduate program if you possess a valid/certified school leaving certificate and qualify for university education as well in your home country, you may also qualify for higher education studies in Austria. However, you might be required to prove your level of English and/or German. In case, find out from your university the language requirement.
You are eligible for a master’s degree program at any university in Austria, if you possess a relevant bachelor’s or equivalent degree diploma.
Tuition fees for EU students and exchange students
You should budget roughly EUR 750 per academic year for tuition fees.
Tuition fees for international students
If you are an international student, you should budget roughly EUR 1400 per academic year for your tuition fees
Tuition fees for students from the least developed countries
Full time students from the least developed countries according to the list below are exempted from paying tuition fees at public universities in Austria:
Application deadlines in Austria
There are generally two admission application windows for programs at universities in Austria with the deadlines explained below:
- September 1: submit your application before September 1 for studies in the winter semester.
- February 1: for studies in the summer semester.
Extended application period for EU students
After the general admission period expires, the extended admission period starts. Through the extended admission period, students from the European Union can also apply for university studies in Austria according to the extended deadlines listed below:
- November 30: for studies in the winter semester.
- April 30: for studies in the summer semester.
List of Low tuition Universities
Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna
Burgenland University of Applied Sciences
Campus 02 University of Applied Sciences
Graz University of Technology
Johannes Kepler University Linz
Medical University of Graz
Medical University of Innsbruck
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057