Application Deadline:Submit applications by Summer 2017 (July to December 2017): 7th April 2017
Eligible Countries: All countries of the world can apply
Internship country: Internships will take place in New York, USA
Eligible Fields : Not indicated.
Internship Info: The United Nations Global Compact works on two really important goals nmely: (1) making the UN Global Compact and its principles part of business strategy and operations everywhere; and (2) facilitating cooperation among key stakeholders by promoting partnerships and other collective action in support of UN goals.
Based on applicant’s level of experience and training, UN Global Compact interns will:
- Undertake comprehensive research relating to the topic of corporate citizenship, especially on human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption;
- Draft and edit publications, papers and other documents;
- Work with Global Compact stakeholders on key corporate citizenship topics;
- support the organization of meetings and events;
- Render assistance on outreach activities;
- handle email and other inquiries;
- assist in the implementation of the Global Compact’s integrity measures;
- perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- All applicants should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree programme (bachelors or second university degree, or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
- Under some circumstances, applicants may have graduated within less than one year to commence a UN internship.
Value of Internship:Note that internships at UN Headquarters are usually unpaid. That said Interns are expected to cover their costs of travel, accommodation, as well as living expenses during the internship period.
Duration of Internship: Internships with the UN Global Compact are available for a duration of three to six months. The timing of internships is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
- Summer / Fall: August to November (with a possible extension to December)
- Winter / Spring: January to May (with a possible extension to June)
How to Apply: Applicants that are interested in pursuing an internship with the United Nations Global Compact should submit an online application at the UN Careers website.
Scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to the “Search Job Openings” section and select “Internship” under the Category field, and “New York” under the Duty Station field. Click on the Search button. This will lead you to a list of various internship openings. You will need to search for the UN Global Compact internship by Job Opening ID Number.
For Winter 2017, the Global Compact Internship Job Opening Number is 66635. Candidates are strongly recommended to pay attention to the job opening number to make sure that their applications reach the UN Global Compact Office.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057