The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) is now accepting applications from deserving international applicants for its Internship Programme with the deadline slated for the 31st of December . The UNFPA Internship is a unique program for aspiring international students the unique opportunity of gaining real world exposure into UNFPA operations. This internship is carefully designed to consolidate development-oriented studies with deep rooted practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants would be expected to express huge interest in the field of development; Applicants should also demonstrate their ability to adapt to changing environments and work with individuals from varied cultural backgrounds. Interns will be supervised by a staff member of UNFPA.All interns will be matched with the specific needs of the organization.
All candidates for this internship programme will be selected on a very competitive basis. The profiles of the interns as stated earlier will be matched with the needs/positions of the organization. The following qualifications are required for consideration:
- Students should be enrolled in an advanced degree programme or have recently graduated;
- Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic is an asset.
Deadline: Submit applications on or before December 31, 2016
- Interns do not receive any form of remuneration from UNFPA.
- The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the programme must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
- Applicants must have medical insurance for the duration of the internship.
- Applicants will need to submit proof of insurance before the internship begins.
How to apply: To access the complete internship description and apply for this position, please click the link below. Also Download the Step by Step Guide to Applying in the E-Recruit System of UNFPA here .
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476