The MSFS Scholarship which started in 2013, is offered by Georgetown University to bright and promising Africans within the sub-Saharan region, to enable them start and complete a Master program in foreign services. The Scholarship covers a full time graduate degree program that will run for two years. The courses prospective students are expected to take include; statistics and analytical tools and history, international finance, international trade and international relations. Students shall also be given a free hand to concentrate in specific subject areas such as International Development or International Business, International Relation and security.
Brief description of Scholarship
The MSFS Scholarship which started in 2013 was designed for sub-Saharan gifted Africans with good academic records, but limited financial capability to complete a Master’s Degree program in Georgetown University. The Scholarship shall cover full tuition fee
Accepted field of study: Student is expected to belong to Foreign Service related Discipline.
Level of study: Master’s level
- Eligible countries: The scholarship is open to only sub-Saharan Africans but the following countries shall be given special reference; Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa and Nigeria.
- Selection criteria: To qualify for the Scholarship, prospective awardees must meet with the following:
- Sat for TOEFL and passed with a minimum score of 100, or passed IELTS test with a minimum score of 7.0
- Preferences shall be given to applicants of the following nationalities; Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Ghana, Liberia, South Africa and Nigeria
- Applicants must have taken and completed a course in micro and macro-economics, or a clear demonstration showing capability of completing both courses, prior to starting the MSFS scholarship program commencing in 2015.
Length of Scholarship: The scholarship the cover the entire two years Master’s program.
Method of Application: Students will first have to apply for the Master’s program to be eligible for the MSFS scholarship. To enable the University process your application, every necessary needed document must be submitted. Such document include: Official transcript and TOEFL and IELTS test scores, personal statement, letter(s) of recommendations, and online application. For further enquiry and FAQ, please visit the University’s website;
For inquiry on the application process, visit
Application Deadline: January 15th, 2015
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057