The Academy of Medical Sciences in partnership with the British Academy, the Royal Academy of Engineering, and the Royal Society, is proud to offer GCRF (Global Challenges Research Fund) Networking Grants for the applicants of developing countries and the UK.
The GCRF aims to support excellent research that directly contributes to the development and welfare of people in developing countries
The British Academy is the UK’s national body for the humanities and social sciences – the study of peoples, cultures and societies, past, present and future.
Course Level: These grants are available to pursue research.
Study Subject: These grants are awarded in the fields of natural sciences, including physics and chemistry, mathematics, computer science, engineering, agricultural, biological and medical research, social science, humanities, the scientific aspects of archaeology, geography and experimental psychology and clinical or patient-oriented research.
Scholarship Award: These grants will cover the followings:
- The maximum amount available is £25,000 of which £5,000 can be used for consumables for pilot experiments, archival research or fieldwork. The remainder can be used to contribute towards travel and subsistence costs, costs associated with networking events, administrative support and access to technical support.
- Grants cannot be used to pay for salary costs or to employ research assistants, PhD students or postdoctoral staff.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not Specified
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- Have completed a PhD or have to experience at an equivalent level
- Have proven research experience in their field
- Hold a permanent position at an eligible institution (in the UK or a DAC-listed country), or a fixed-term contract for the duration of the award
Nationality: Applicants of Afghanistan ,Democratic People’s Republic of Korea ,Armenia, Albania ,Angola ,Kenya ,Bolivia, Algeria ,Bangladesh, Tajikistan ,Cabo Verde ,Antigua , Barbuda,Benin, Zimbabwe ,Cameroon ,Argentina, Bhutan ,Congo, Azerbaijan ,Burkina Faso Côte d’Ivoire, Belarus, Burundi, Egypt ,Belize, Cambodia ,El Salvador ,Bosnia ,Herzegovina. Central African Republic Georgia, Botswana ,Chad ,Ghana ,Brazil, Comoros ,Guatemala Chile, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guyana ,China (People’s Republic of), Djibouti ,Honduras ,Colombia ,Equatorial Guinea, India, Cook Islands, Eritrea ,Indonesia, Costa Rica ,Ethiopia, Kosovo, Cuba Gambia, Kyrgyzstan, Dominica, Guinea, Micronesia ,Dominican Republic Guinea-Bissau, Moldova ,Ecuador ,Haiti ,Mongolia, Fiji ,Kiribati ,Morocco ,Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic Nicaragua ,Gabon ,Lesotho ,Nigeria ,Grenada ,Liberia ,Pakistan ,Iran, Madagascar Papua New Guinea ,Iraq ,Malawi, Paraguay, Jamaica ,Mali ,Philippines ,Jordan ,Mauritania ,Samoa ,Kazakhstan ,Mozambique, Sri Lanka ,Lebanon, Myanmar ,Swaziland ,Libya, Nepal, Syrian ,Arab Republic ,Malaysia ,Niger, Tokelau Maldives ,Rwanda ,Ukraine ,Marshall Islands, Sao Tome , Uzbekistan, Mauritius , Viet Nam ,Mexico, Sierra Leone West Bank ,Gaza Strip Montenegro Solomon Islands ,Montserrat, Somalia ,Namibia ,South Sudan, Nauru Sudan, Niue, Tanzania, Palau Timor-Leste, Panama ,Togo, Peru ,Tuvalu Saint Helena ,Uganda ,Saint Lucia ,Vanuatu Saint Vincent ,Grenadines ,Yemen ,Serbia Zambia ,Seychelles ,South Africa ,Suriname, Thailand, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan ,Uruguay, Venezuela Wallis and Futuna can apply
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be PhD.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should possess a very good command over the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
- Before completing the online form, all applicants should check that they comply with the eligibility requirements and ensure all necessary information is presented in the application. These requirements are strictly adhered to and applications without all the necessary information, or evidence to show the assessment criteria are met, will be rejected.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 6, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476