Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 1st March, 2017, 11:59 PM
Note that this internship will start no later than March 31, 2017.
Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible for internship places.
Internship country: Internship will take place in Quebec, Canada
Internship Info: The FRQNT’s (Fonds de recherche du Québec – Nature et technologies) international internship is on a mission to foster international mobility of students whose research activities are part of the scientific program of a strategic cluster funded by the FRQNT.
The internship is a supplementary tool available to a strategic cluster to strengthen its position at the international level through research projects and partnerships that have already been established or which are under development.
The proposed research outlined in the application as part of the internship must be part of the scientific program of the strategic cluster.
- Note that all the strategic clusters supported by the FRQNT may submit an application to this program.
- The applicant proposed by the strategic cluster must meet all of the eligibility requirements listed here after.
- Also applicants should have the valid study permits or visa for the entire duration of the internship.
- No applicant should be enrolled in a co-degree from more than one institution including a Québec university. For applicants currently enrolled in a co-degree see the rules of the Frontenac program.
- Also candidates who are jointly supervised by a researcher in a foreign university (co-degree) will not be eligible to apply for an international internship scholarship to visit one of their home universities.
Selection: Candidates are selected by the strategic clusters which recommend them to the FRQNT. It is the FRQNT that makes the final decision on the grants to be awarded under the international internship program. The allocation of internships by the FRQNT is made on a first come, first served basis and the funds available for this programme.
The FRQNT has the final rights to refuse any application that fails to meet the eligibility requirements or for which the selection committee report is not sufficiently detailed.
- Each strategic cluster may generally submit up to two applications during the period up to March 31, 2017.
- This limit can be re-examined and increased at all time until March 31, 2017.
- Each strategic cluster can propose the application of no more than one foreign student enrolled outside Québec so he/she can pursue its internship within the strategic cluster.
- The same rules for evaluating candidates, duration of the course and the value of scholarship apply to application. The application of a foreign student enrolled outside Québec doesn’t modify the total limit of two candidates per cluster.
- The academic excellence and research aptitude of the candidate: 50 points
- The correspondence of the internship with the scientific program of the cluster’s: 25 points
- The insertion of the internship in international action of the strategic cluster: 25 points
Number of Awards: Not known
Value of Internship: The scholarship for internship is of a maximum value of $15,000. However, the FRQNT will allow no more than the equivalent of $2,500/month in living expenses and will permit internship expenses (ex.: airfare, room rental agreement, etc.) to be covered by the strategic cluster.
Duration of Internship: The internship must be of a minimum duration of 2 months and a maximum of 6 months.
How to Apply:
- Candidates interested within this program must file their application within their strategic cluster (see list on FRQNT’s Web Site) Validate the list of documents required for this application with the specific strategic cluster.
- The strategic clusters which recommend a candidate must fill the specific form available on FRQNT’s Web site as well as transmit it electronically. The form includes the complete addresses of the student, the academic supervisor, and the internship supervisor. A brief description of the nature of the internship is also required.
- All strategic clusters are told to submit to the selection committee report that states the results for each of the three criteria in effect, the assessment process and the names of the committee members.
- Additionally, strategic clusters should also submit the electronic form, a letter signed by the supervisor of the student specifying the start and end dates of the internship.
- Any internship application must be filed by the strategic cluster and approved by the FRQNT before the leaving of the trainee.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476