Application Deadline: 17th November, 2017 for the 2018 Fellowships (the deadline for reference letters is 24th November 2017).
Eligible Countries: Apply if you hail from a developing Country or emerging economy
Scholarship Country’s: Top universities abroad
Accepted Subject Areas: Physical sciences and related disciplines
Fellowship Info: Every year, The Faculty for the Future fellowships, launched by the Schlumberger Foundation, awards scholarships to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities for their disciplines abroad. Grant recipients are selected for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents, and are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation in 2004, the Faculty for the Future community now stands at 257 women from 62 countries, and grows steadily each year.
Scholarship Type: PhD/PostDoctoral, Fellowship
Selection Criteria: All successful applications will go through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host country university;
- Level of commitment to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Commitment to inspiring young women into the sciences.
Eligibility: Applicants are expected to meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be classified a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy;
- Should pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university/research institute abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
Number of fellowships: Several fellowships will be awarded.
Value of Award: Faculty for the Future grants are awarded based on the actual costs of studying and living in the chosen location, and is worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Postdoctoral study. Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
How to Apply: Interested applicants may here
Click here for more info
Important Notes: Final selection is based in part on the standard of your application and accompanying materials;
Your application should highlight aspects about you and your career that will give the reviewer a focused yet well-rounded view of your candidature. Read and follow the instructions from the link below carefully. The instructions are your guide to producing a comprehensive and competitive application;
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057