Application Deadline: Submit 29th January 2018.
Eligible Countries: Scholarships will be awarded to students from developing countries
Scholarship Country: The University of London School of African Studies (SOAS), UK
Award Info: This scholarship is primarily for applicants who hail from Sub-Saharan African countries living in their country of origin.This is one of the many study abroad opportunities for international students
- All SOAS taught masters programme.
- Note that part-time programmes are not eligible.
Scholarship Type: Masters programs.
- Candidates must be nationals of a developing country and not currently be living or studying outside of their country. This scholarship is aimed primarily at candidates who are nationals of a Sub-Saharan African Country living in their Sub-Saharan African country of origin.
- Note that candidates must not have previously studied for one year or more outside of their country.
- They should have a first class Bachelor’s degree from a University or comparable institution.
- Candidates who already hold a Master’s degree cannot apply for a Master’s degree scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate financial need.
- Graduates are expected to return to work in their home country.
- Candidates must have submitted a complete application for admission by the scholarship closing date of 29th January 2018.
- Candidates will be made an offer of admission by the time shortlisting takes place in early March 2017.
- Applicants are expected to meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
- Also candidates will be assessed on the basis of academic merit by an Advisory Panel, consisting of three academic members. Financial need is also relevant.
- The assessment of your application will be based on the information provided in your scholarship application and in your on-line admission application for admission. Selectors will be looking at the degree results and also at academic references, statement and other relevant information.
- Note that only those who have been accepted for admission will be considered for short listing by the SOAS Selection Panel. Shortlisting at SOAS will take place in March 2018
Number of Awards: 1 scholarship will be awarded.
Value of Scholarship: The Felix scholarship covers the full cost of tuition fees; living costs (£15,560 in 2017-18) and a return air fare. This Masters scholarship is shared with International Students House, which provides free accommodation and breakfast. The accommodation cost will be deducted from the living cost of £15,560.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will be valid for one year.
How to Apply:
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- You must submit a complete online application to your programme as soon as possible and then submit an electronic application for the scholarship. Applicants applying for scholarships must also submit an application for admission well in advance. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
You must follow two steps:
STEP 1: Apply for your programme
Applicants must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission. You can use this on-line link to apply for for a Master’s degree. Applicants must have submitted a complete admission to a Master’s programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline, 29 January 2018. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degree obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV, and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your online application for admission. Please note that complete application for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of year. You should be prepared to wait up to 6 weeks in busy periods.
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line Felix Non-Indian Scholarship application form available here. Please submit no later than 17:00 (UK local time) on 29 January 2018.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057