The Japan ICU Foundation now wishes to invite applications for its United States Scholars Initiative for the academic year 2017-2018. The initiative will provide full-tuition support for four years of undergraduate study at ICU.
The United States Scholars Initiative (USSI) aims to increase the number of international, degree-seeking undergraduate students from the United States at ICU.
The Japan ICU Foundation is a public charity based in New York City committed to supporting International Christian University’s global and ecumenical programs.
- Applications close: Deadline closes this December 1, 2017
- Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue an undergraduate degree.
- Study Subject: All scholarships will be awarded in the field of language and the liberal arts.
- Scholarship Award: Note that this is a full-tuition scholarship for international students.
- Number of scholarships: Two scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- United States citizen
- Will graduate from U.S. high school
- Strong interest in Japan and the Japanese language
- Interest in liberal arts education
- Single with no dependents
- United States applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have completed high school.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score
This merit-based scholarship will provide full-tuition support for four years of undergraduate study at ICU.
How to Apply:
- Application form
- Write a personal statement (400-500 words) detailing why you would like to study at ICU, and what your plans are after graduation
- Include a short essay (400-500 words)
- Submit a copy of transcript (last 3 years of secondary school)
- Educational certification (SAT with essay, ACT plus writing or, IB full diploma)
- 2 letters of recommendation (One from HS principal, guidance counsellor, tutor or IB coordinator; one from an HS instructor who has taught a core academic subject eg. English, SS, math, science, foreign language)
- If you have graduated from a U.S. high school but have NOT spent the last continuous six years at an institution in which English is the language of instruction, you will need to submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476