Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 15th November 2017
Eligible Countries:Scholarships are for applicants from African countries
About the Award:These awards are for young visual artists (ages 18–35) who live or do most of their work in Africa are invited to submit examples of their art in response to the following question:
WHAT DO YOU HOPE FOR AFRICAN YOUTH?
Africa is a young and vibrant continent experiencing a major demographic shift. By 2050 it will be home to more than a billion young people, with a workforce larger than that of China and India combined. There is enormous potential in this multi-decade demographic boom, and tremendous challenge. Young artists have a unique perspective on Africa’s future. We are seeking artwork that reveals your perspective and captures your vision of living and working on a continent experiencing massive change.
Type:These are Contests and Fellowships
Selection Criteria: Mastercard is encouraging the submission of a wide range of visual art of different types suitable for reproduction. The intention is to license selected works for reproduction as photographs in print and digital media. To be selected, the artwork must render well when photographed. The Foundation will arrange for chosen artwork to be professionally photographed if needed.
Number of Awards: This is not indicated.
Value of Award:Note that all selected artists will receive a licensing fee of US$1,000 for the non-exclusive right to reproduce the chosen artworks in the Foundation’s publications, for non-commercial use.
How to Apply: Mastercard encourages submissions from both emerging and established young artists from diverse backgrounds. Artists wishing to participate should send their submissions no later than 15 November 2017.
The submissions should include:
- The artist’s name, age, gender, country of origin, current home, language of submission
- A well written biography of not more than 500 words
- Clear, accurate photographs of each work, submitted as presentation-quality jpeg files (minimum 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels)
- The creation date of each work submitted, along with dimensions and materials
- Your statement of not more than 500 words clearly explaining the relation between the work(s) submitted and the submission question
- Your submission text supplied in any language in which the artist feels comfortable
Send all requested material to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476