Masters scholarships are for students from any country to pursue a coveted postgraduate degree in Law, International Relations and Diplomacy and other programmes at Leiden University Netherlands 2018
- Programmes starting Feb 2018: 1st October 2017
- Programmes starting Sept 2018: 1st Feb 2018
- Exception – LLM Advanced Studies programmes: 1st March 2018
Eligible Countries: Only international students should apply.
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will be taken in Leiden University, The Netherlands
About the Award: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme (LExS) is offered for excellent Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme and for excellent students from all nationalities enrolling in a Master of Law Advanced Programme or MSc in International Relations and Diplomacy.
- In your prior academic education abroad, you should have achieved outstanding study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enroll. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad
- The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Note that these scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree
- Students will be selected on the basis of academic merit.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting September 2018 (All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden).
- All nationalities enrolling in the programmes listed above starting September 2018
Number of Scholarships: Note that the number and type of award of the scholarship will depend on the budget available for each Faculty department.
Value of Scholarship: The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 types of awards
- € 10.000 of the tuition fee
- € 15.000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition fee minus the statutory tuition fee (also referred to as home fee)
The number and type of award of the scholarship depends on the budget available for each Faculty department. The type of award has no reflection on the students’ academic level of excellence. Please be aware that the LExS is not a full scholarship.
Duration: Scholarship will last for the duration of the masters programme
How to Apply:
- Fill in your online application for admission to Leiden University (see in Scholarship Webpage link below).
- Do well to upload all required documents.
- Show clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. Please note that if you apply for more than one master’s programme, you have to indicate that you apply for the LExS scholarship for all these programmes seperately.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476