Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 31st October 2017
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for World Bank (non-industrialised) member countries
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place in Japan
Award Info: Since the start of 1996, the Graduate School of Business and Commerce of Keio University has provided training to promising tax personnel in the field of tax policy and administration with its Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management. This program brings together the cooperation of Keio University, the National Tax Agency of Japan(NTA), and the World Bank in an alliance between public and private institutions.
Keio University is a world class leading private university in Japan, established the program as one of the partnership programs of the Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). Funded by the Government of Japan and administered by the World Bank, the JJ/WBGSP is a personnel training project which awards scholarships to help developing countries strengthen their human resources.
Participants are expected to return to their home countries to become leaders in improving taxation practices.
Scholarship Type: Masters scholarships
- Applicants should be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing.
- You should not be a dual citizen of any developed country.
- Applicants must be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
- They must hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned at least three years prior to the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”.
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three years of recent full time paid professional experience in the field of tax policy and administration after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant 18 Admission Information is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Not be an Executive Director, his / her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group(the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- Admitted to the University unconditionally or conditionally only upon securing financing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language at the level of a TOEFL score of 550(PBT), 213(CBT) or 79 (iBT) or better, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
- Meet any other criteria for admission established by Keio University.
- Applicants must not be currently pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. program in industrialized countries.
- Applicants must not have had one or more years of training / studies and / or residency in an industrialized country.
- Applicants must not be permanent residents / nationals of industrialized countries.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy class air travel between your home country and the host university at the start of your studyprogram and immediately following the end of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way airtravel, scholars will receive a US $500 travel allowance for each trip;
- Tuition for your graduate program and the cost of basic medical insurance usually obtained through the university.
- A monthly allowance of JPY 152,000 to cover living expenses, including books.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does NOT cover:
- VISA application（s） costs
- Expenses to bring and/or support a scholar’s family members;
- Extra-curricular courses or training;
- Language training not provided by the graduate program;
- Additional travel during the course of the study program;
- Expenses related to research, supplementary educational materials, field trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational equipment such as computers.
Duration of Program: Scholarships will last for two years（April 2018 to March 2020）
How to Apply: Applications for April 2018 admission must reach the JJ/WBGSP Office by no later than October 31, 2017.
- Application documents must be submitted by mail and must reach the Keio University by the deadline, October 31, 2017. We do not accept applications via fax or email.
- Send the original copy of the application forms. Copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Please make a copy of all the application documents for your records. The World Bank may ask you to submit the copy in the selection process by the World Bank.
- Late applications and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Keio will not notify applicants of missing documents.
- Applicants who have applied for a program offered by Keio and have passed the selection process by Keio will be asked to complete additional online application by the World Bank, which will make the final admission decision.
It is important to go through the Application Lists and Guidebook ASAP before applying.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476