The University of Sheffield is offering Merit Scholarships to students from Africa and other Developing countries for Undergraduate studies at the University.
- A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible offer holders from February onwards.
- It is expected that you must have received an offer by 13th April 2018.
- Also chose the University of Sheffield as your main choice by Friday 20th April 2018.
- The deadline for sending a scholarship application is 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 20th April 2018.
- Accordingly, scholarship results will be announced by 16:00 (UK time) on Friday 25th May 2018.
Scholarship Country:Scholarships will take place in the UK
Eligible Field of Study: All fields are eligible.
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate taught programs.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarships, applicants are expected to be a national of or permanently domiciled in one of the following countries:
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Japan, S. Korea, Norway, Turkey
- Applicants should have applied for and been offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 13 April 2018 for entry in September 2018 to be eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- The scholarship will not be available to applicants who have made the University of Sheffield their insurance choice.
- The scholarship application is a separate online process to applying for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from January onwards.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The scholarship is guaranteed in the first year of study and you can also receive this in each subsequent year of study, subject to achieving 60% or above in the previous academic year. This excludes any years in industry or study abroad periods. This applies to all undergraduate programmes except Medicine and Dentistry. Students of Medicine or Dentistry will only receive the scholarship for the non-clinical years (Medicine years 1 & 2 and Dentistry year 1)
- The scholarship can be awarded in conjunction with other University of Sheffield scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of the sum of these awards.
- The scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- You must be self-funding and classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- The scholarship will not be awarded where partial funding is applicable from an external body and there is an agreement already in place between the external body and the University of Sheffield to offer a tuition fee discount to the student.
- The scholarships are for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the scholarships.
- Part-time students will receive the full value of a one year of scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an equivalent single full-time academic year.
Number of Awards: Not indicated.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will go for 50% tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will last for the duration of programme
How to Apply: A link to the online scholarship application is sent via email to all eligible applicants from January onwards. First apply for admission into any of the school’s Undergraduate programs by Friday 13th April 2017
For information on low and cheap tuition universities for international students, please refer to this article
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476