The Faculty of Science, is collaborating with several sponsors, for the Excellence Fellowship Program to support outstanding and highly motivated applicants who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 15th March 2018 (for Masters starting September 17, 2018).
Eligible Countries: International students should apply
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place in Switzerland
Field of Study: Studies in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty of Science.
About the Award: The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution covering a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics.
It has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) and many European collaborative research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
- Application for an Excellence Fellowship is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor’s program) and that have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
- Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
- Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
- French proficiency is not a formal requirement for the Masters of the Faculty of science.
Number of Awardees: Not indicated.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships go from CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties)
Duration of Scholarship: one year. The scholarship can be extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
How to Apply: The application (in English or French) consists of:
- Application Form (60 Kb, )
- A Curriculum Vitae including the transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with grades.
- A two-page essay in which the applicant describes his/her specific scientific interests, specifies the Master’s program at the Faculty of Science he/her would like to pursue, and motivates the intention to pursue a Master of Science programme at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to the e-mail address indicated below). They should specifically attest if the candidate fulfills the conditions of the Excellence Fellowship Program (see above).
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057