Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 30th May 2018
Eligible Countries: Scholarships will take place in Nigeria
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will take place in University of Birmingham, UK
Fields of Study: Arts and Law, Engineering and Physical Sciences, Life and Environmental Sciences, Medical and Dental Sciences, Social Sciences.
About the Award: The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce three scholarship awards of £5,000 for Nigerian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2018. This is a joint award with our local representatives, UKEAS Nigeria, and will be awarded to the highest performing students starting their University of Birmingham programmes in September 2018.
Type: Only Undergraduate taught programs.
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2018. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigeria domiciled and a Nigerian national.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2018 (the scholarship award cannot be deferred). Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to our local representatives – UKEAS Nigeria.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with UKEAS Nigeria by 30 May 2018.
Number of Scholarships: four (4) scholarships will be available.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship award is for £5,000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2018.
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will last for first year only
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham, have selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice, and be registered with UKEAS Nigeria by the scholarship deadline of 30 May 2018. Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required. The scholarships will be announced in late-August.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476