Application Deadline: For 2018 Scholarship program, the application period will run from January 1 to 16th March, 2018
Eligible Countries: You are eligible if you hail from: Asia Pacific, West Asia, Africa (Burkina Faso, Republic of Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, South Africa, Swaziland), Caribbean, Central America, South America, Europe )
Eligible country: Scholarships will be taken at Universities in Taiwan
Accepted Programs: For undergraduate, masters and PhD courses taught at any of the participating Universities in Taiwan
Scholarship Info: In recent years, international education and training has long been one of the TaiwanICDF’s primary operations, among many others. Human resources development programs play a very significant role in assisting partner countries achieve sustainable development, and education is a crucial mechanism for training workforces in developing countries.
The TaiwanICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned partner universities in Taiwan.
All scholarship recipients will receive a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
Type: Undergraduate, Masters and PhD Scholarship
Who is eligible to apply? An applicant must:
- -Be a citizen of List of Countries Eligible (including select African countries) for TaiwanICDF Scholarship, and satisfy any specific criteria established by his or her country and/or government of citizenship.
- -Not hail from the Republic of China (Taiwan) or be an overseas compatriot student.
- -Adequately satisfy the admission requirements of the partner university to which he or she has applied to study under a TaiwanICDF scholarship.
- -Be able to satisfy all requirements for a Resident Visa (Code: FS) set by the Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and an Alien Resident Certificate (ARC) set by the Ministry of the Interior, of the ROC (Taiwan) government (this means that the TaiwanICDF has the right to revoke a scholarship offered if an applicant cannot satisfy the visa requirements).
- -Upon accepting a TaiwanICDF scholarship, not hold any other ROC(Taiwan) government-sponsored scholarship (such as the Taiwan Scholarship) in the same academic year in which the TaiwanICDF scholarship would be due to commence.
- -Not be applying for a further TaiwanICDF scholarship in unbroken succession — applicants who have already held a TaiwanICDF scholarship must have returned to their home country for more than one year before re-applying (note: to apply for a 2014 scholarship, an applicant must have graduated and returned to his or her home country before July 31, 2013).
- -Have never had any scholarship revoked by any ROC (Taiwan)government agency or related institution, nor been expelled from any Taiwanese university.
Number of Scholarships: This is not known.
Scholarship Benefits and Duration: The TaiwanICDF provides each scholarship recipient with a full scholarship, including return airfare, housing, tuition and credit fees, insurance, textbook costs and a monthly allowance.
- Undergraduate Program (maximum four years): Each student receives NT$12,000 per month (NT$144,000 per year) as financial allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
- Master’s Program (maximum two years): Each student will receive NT$15,000 per month (NT$180,000 per year) as financial allowance for food plus miscellaneous living expenses.
- PhD Program (maximum four years; four-year PhD programs start from 2012): Each students receives NT$17,000 per month (NT$204,000 per year) as an allowance for food and miscellaneous living expenses.
How to Apply: Also all applicants are expected to complete an online application (found in Program Webpage link below). Then submit a signed, printed copy along with all other application documents to the ROC (Taiwan) Embassy/ Consulate (General)/ Representative Office/ Taiwan Technical Mission or project representative in their country.
Please note that each applicant can only apply for one program at a time. The applicant also needs to submit a separate program application to his/her chosen universities.
Visit Program Webpage for the Online Application System and more details about this scholarship.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057