The FAO-Hungary scholarship programme allows a select group of amazing young professionals to pursue master’s level studies in English at one of Hungary’s agricultural universities.
Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 28th February 2018
Eligible Countries: Apply if you are a resident (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali,Myanmar, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North-Korea, Palestine, the Philippines, Serbia, Somalia, South-Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda,Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
To be taken at (University): The following universities are participating:
- University of Debrecen, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences and Environmental Management
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Fields of Study: The following Master of Science degree courses are being offered in English for the 2018-2019 Academic Year:
- Animal Husbandry Engineering (University of Debrecen)
- Agricultural Water Management Engineering (Szent István University)
- Environmental Engineering (Szent István University)
Type: Scholarships are for Masters taught programs
Eligibility: Eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Selection Procedure: The selection process as described below applies to scholarships beginning in September 2018.
Student selection will take place in two phases:
- Phase 1: FAO will pre-screen candidates and submit applications to the Ministry of Agriculture of Hungary that will send them to the corresponding University as chosen by the 2 applicants. Students must submit only COMPLETED dossiers. Incomplete dossiers will not be considered. Files without names will not be processed.
- Phase 2: Selected candidates may be asked to take a written or oral English examination as part of the admission procedure. The participating Universities will run a further selection process and inform each of the successful candidates. Student selection will be made by the Universities only, without any involvement on the part of FAO. Selected students will also be notified by the Ministry.
Number of Awardees: Programs will be offered provided the minimum number of students is reached.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will cover student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
How to Apply: Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in ENGLISH. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
As the number of scholarships is limited, interested applicants are strongly encouraged to E-MAIL their applications as soon as possible.
Click here for more info
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476