The East Africa Social Science Translation (EASST) Collaborative offers Visiting Research Fellowship in the field of social science for applicants from East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, or Rwanda) at University of California, Berkeley.
Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 30th March 2018.
Eligible Countries: Apply if you hail from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, or Rwanda
Scholarship country: Scholarships will take place in the USA
About Scholarship: In Spring 2017, EASST will host its seventh annual Visiting Fellowship application. The EASST Visiting Fellowship seeks to equip East African social scientists with the skills needed to carry out rigorous evaluations of social or economic development projects in East Africa. During a four-month fellowship, researchers will be based at the University of California, Berkeley during the Fall academic semester.
Our EASST fellows are able to audit courses, present research, attend seminars, develop curricula and design collaborative research projects. Fellows receive a living stipend, round-trip economy class air travel to Berkeley, CA, and the opportunity to receive seed funding promote impact evaluation at their home institution in East Africa.
Scholarship Type: Research, Fellowship
Who is qualified to apply?
- Be a resident of an East African country participating in EASST (i.e. Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, or Rwanda);
- Have a PhD or Masters (completed within the last 5 years), or be enrolled in a doctoral program, in economics, statistics, epidemiology/public health, or other social science discipline;
- Have conducted an impact evaluation study (either randomized or quasi–experimental), or have an interest in micro-level data collection and quantitative analysis;
- Should hold a staff position at a research institution, university or other recognized national institution in East Africa that has an element of quantitative social science research;
- Will return to a university or research institute in East Africa for at least 1 year after the fellowship;
- Be computer literate and fluent in English.
Number of Awards: Several scholarships will be available.
What are the fellowship benefits? Fellows receive a living stipend, round-trip economy class air travel to Berkeley, CA, and the opportunity to receive seed funding promote impact evaluation at their home institution in East Africa.
Duration of Fellowship: Fall 2018 (September – December), or Spring 2019 (January – May).
How to Apply: To apply, please review application information available through the Request for Applications, below. All materials should be submitted using the online platform in the Submittable link below
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476