Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 15th September 2017
Eligible Countries In Africa: Apply if you hail from Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Countries: USA, Canada, Brazil, Columbia, Mexico, Germany, UK, France, Norway, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Nepal, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines and Jordan.
To be taken at (country): Scholarships will be taken in New Zealand
Eligible Field of Study: Only courses offered at the University
Scholarship Information: The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling into foundation, undergraduate, or postgraduate programmes for the first time at the University of Waikato.
Scholarship Type: Entrance/School Leaver, Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught)
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidate must:
- be a citizen of a country listed above,
- be enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato,
- not be classified as a domestic student,
- be in receipt of a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato,
- have met the English language requirements for admission, or completed a Certificate of Attainment in English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies,
- be commencing full-time study in the year of tenure and be intending to study at the University of Waikato for a minimum of 12 months,
- be residing in NZ for the tenure of the scholarship,
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body , and
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or on a Study Abroad and Exchange Programme agreement.
- The Scholarships will be offered on the basis of academic merit and future potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Applications will be short-listed by the University’s International Regional Managers’ and forwarded to the Selection Panel.
- The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees) and will regularly meet to assess applications.
- The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the selection meeting.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: $10000
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarship is tenable only within the year for which it is awarded.
How to Apply:
- Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed online form.
- Applications can be submitted at any time prior to the start of the programme in which the applicant is holding an offer for. However, it is strongly recommended that applications are submitted at least six weeks prior to the start of the applicant’s foundation or degree programme.
- Applications must be submitted along with:
- an Application to Enrol (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), OR a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
- a personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476