The Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship for Developing Enables Promising Leaders from Developing To Pursue Doctoral Studies at UBC
- Applicants: check with graduate program (likely February 2017);
- Graduate program nomination deadline: Friday, 10 March 2017
Eligible Countries: Developing countries
To be taken at (country): Canada
About the Award: the fellowship are to support international students showing outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country graduate global leadership fellowship thus open the way to a world class graduate education for emerging scholars from countries with developing educational system.
Fellows will be supported to pursue research that would enhance and support already made and which will be of particular use when they get home to apply their new gained skills and /or knowledge. Recipient would be individuals with an appropriate academic background and who have an establish records of contributions to the development of a civil and sustainable society in their home country through professional, academic or volunteer work.
Type: Fellowships, Doctoral
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Hold a study permit at the beginning of the fellowship funding period
- Be a citizen of a developing country at the time of application for admission
- Have shown outstanding leadership in humanitarian and development work in their home country
- Be starting a PhD or DMA program at the UBC Vancouver campus in January 2017, May 2017, or September 2017
- Be starting their first doctoral degree
- Students with external funding (external scholarships, third-party sponsorship, etc.) are eligible to apply, but if successful, recipients will have their Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship funding reduced by the amount of their external funding
- Academic Excellence (30%) – As demonstrated by academic transcripts, awards and distinctions
- Research Ability / Potential (30%) – Quality of analytical skills, ability to think critically, ability to apply skills and knowledge, judgment, originality, initiative and autonomy, determination, and ability to complete projects within an appropriate period of time—as demonstrated in the description of the degree program and by work experience, research contributions, letters of appraisal
- Leadership in development of civil and sustainable society in home country (40%) – Established record of leadership in professional, academic or volunteer work – as demonstrated in personal statement; work experience, community involvement and other extracurricular activities; communication skills; and letters of appraisal
Number of Awardees: 2
Value and Duration of Fellowship: $18,200 per year plus tuition for four years
How to Apply: Students complete application form and request supporting documents (transcripts, letters of reference – see Fellowship application details below).
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476