Application Deadline: 15th June 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: All countries with a Rotary club presence
About the Award: the rotary scholarship for water and sanitation professionals have been designed to promote long term productive relationship between Rotarians and highly skilled water and sanitation professionals in their communities. Rotary scholars will benefit from the support they receive through regular contact with sponsoring Rotarians from their home country and the opportunity to interact with Rotarians in the Netherlands. After graduating scholar’s expertise will be put to work improving water and sanitation condition in their own community with a project the scholars and sponsoring Rotarians will design and implement together.
In addition rotary foundation alumni are part of an extensive network of fellow rotary scholarship recipient and Rotarians worldwide. Becoming involved with a local rotary club and the alumni association allows scholars to stay connected to rotary’s global community and resources.
Type: Masters, Grants
Eligibility: Students eligible for this scholarship must be provisionally admitted to one of the following degree programs at UNESCO-IHE (joint programs are not eligible):
- MSc in Urban Water and Sanitation
- MSc in Water Management
- MSc in Water Science and Engineering
Students must also live or work near a Rotary club.
Selection Criteria: scholars are selected in a competitive process. Candidates are chosen based on their ability to have a significant, positive impact on global water and sanitation issues during their career. Successful applicants will have a strong academic background, significant and relevant professional experience and demonstrate leadership in the community
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: TRF awards scholarships of approximately €34,000, paid directly to UNESCO-IHE. Funding to cover additional costs (including international travel) related to participation in the academic program will be coordinated by UNESCO-IHE.
How to Apply:
- Students admitted to UNESCO-IHE’s eligible programs seek the sponsorship of their local Rotary club or district by submitting a scholar application to the potential sponsor.
- The potential sponsor receives and reviews the application and the terms and conditions.
- Rotarians interview the scholarship candidate and make a decision about sponsoring the applicant.
- The sponsor submits a full application online no later than 15 June of the year that the scholarship candidate’s program begins.
- The Rotary Foundation reviews the application.
- The Foundation awards a scholarship to a limited number of candidates who demonstrate the strongest potential to make a significant, positive impact on global water and sanitation issues during their career.
- The sponsor submits a progress report after the scholar’s first year of the program and a final report when the scholar completes his or her academic program.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476