Application Deadline: Endeavor to submit applications on or before 18th November, 2016 for the 2017 Fellowships (the deadline for reference letters is November 25th 2016).
Accepted Courses: All physical sciences and similarly related disciplines
Fellowship Info: Every year, The Faculty for the Future fellowships, established by the Schlumberger Foundation awards funded fellowships to academically talented women from developing and emerging economies who are gearing up for PhD or postdoctoral studies in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities for their programs abroad. All successful fellowship recipients will be selected based on their leadership capabilities, scientific talents, and are duly expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation in 2004, the Faculty for the Future community now stands at 257 women from 62 countries, and grows steadily each year.
Fellowship Type: Only PhD and PostDoctoral Fellowship
Selection Criteria: A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host country university;
- Level of commitment to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Commitment to inspiring young women into the sciences.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be a citizen of a developing country;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
Number of fellowships: Several Scholarships
Value of Fellowship: The Faculty for the Future grants will award fellowships based on the actual costs of studying and living in the study location chosen by the accepted receipient, and is worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Postdoctoral study. These fellowships may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
Eligible Countries: Only candidates from developing countries and emerging economies
Scholarship Contries: Top universities all over the world.
How to Apply
Click here to apply